Leather Interior & Alacantara option removed for FR?

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
I ordered mine Nov 23rd, Seat Confirmed I will get the Alacantra Leather Seats plus the leather dashboard, If I don't get this I will not be very happy. still no build date, when should I expect to get the car my friend ordered on Sept 23rd and it arrives in 9 weeks 27th Nov, his was fully loaded.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...still no build date, when should I expect to get the car
That question cannot really be answered without a build week...

At the end of November, the standard lead time on Ibiza was 10-12 weeks, with an additional 2 weeks for TSI engines, so 12-14 weeks. There are no additional equipment delays, so being "fully-loaded" makes no difference.

As an educated guess I would say you should expect to see your car for early March.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I ordered mine Nov 23rd, Seat Confirmed I will get the Alacantra Leather Seats plus the leather dashboard, If I don't get this I will not be very happy. still no build date, when should I expect to get the car my friend ordered on Sept 23rd and it arrives in 9 weeks 27th Nov, his was fully loaded.

I think your friend ordered at the right time.

When i first looked at ordering the Ibiza at beginning of October i was told current order to collection time was around 10-12 weeks but mine is now around 15/16 weeks.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I think your friend ordered at the right time.

When i first looked at ordering the Ibiza at beginning of October i was told current order to collection time was around 10-12 weeks but mine is now around 15/16 weeks.

I ordered 20th October, but my dealer says he now expects late March

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
Blimey that’s a long wait I have no car currently but lucky I can get to work on the train have emailed my dealer for an update today bonus if I wait for March I get 18 plate

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
That seems excessive. I ordered 18th October and dealers have said it will arrive 1st week of February.

My order form said exactly the same thing, February 1st. I asked for it to have the 18 plate, which was ironic because it’s not going to be late March anyway. I suspect it’s because of my
Options, I also added styling packs rather later than I should have. My desler also said with getting the spolier it will have to be fitted at their dealership. This might add time

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I suspect it’s because of my Options..
They aren't making a difference. Production of the 1.5 doesn't start until cw02 (next week) so regardless of when you ordered you would not have been taking delivery until late February/early March at the earliest.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
They aren't making a difference. Production of the 1.5 doesn't start until cw02 (next week) so regardless of when you ordered you would not have been taking delivery until late February/early March at the earliest.

Oh the 1.5 production started in December. Some dealerships already have some. Check Autotrader some are selling them.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Oh the 1.5 production started in December. Some dealerships already have some. Check Autotrader some are selling them.
Oops, thought I was replying to the similar thread in the Arona section. Production of the Ibiza actually started in cw39 back in September. That'll teach me to skim read! :redface:

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...It hasn’t quite been built as ordered.
Why are you assuming this is SEAT's error?

It is infinitely more likely to be your dealership ordering the wrong specification - basically not ticking the Alcantara box - than SEAT's far more robust processes - put in place to make sure the car ordered is the car built - going wrong.

Have you the order confirmation from SLI that shows Alcantara was selected, or just believing your dealership?

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
I’m assuming it’s SEATs fault because the offer of £250 has been described (in writing) as a “SEAT UK cheque for goodwill” by the dealer. But I suppose they could be making that up; can’t see what they’d have to gain from it though? And it’d be obvious when I do get the cheque if it’s in the dealer name not SEAT UK? Either way, as my subsequent post in that thread says, I’m not overly annoyed, and so just want to make sure I get a fair outcome without being unreasonable to either SEAT or the dealer!

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
So was it on your order form ? This is my second Ibiza first one they missed out LED lights I have it fully loaded so if I have waited another three months and if there is no leather seats I’m gonna be very annoyed. Going to call my dealer tomorrow as it’s been built this week.

Last edited:

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
It’s on my order form, though of course that’s no guarantee it made it into the back office ordering system I guess? It’s not really leather though - nothing like it. Fake leather (plastic) and Alcantara. I do like Alcantara though, and it’s surprisingly hard wearing in my experience. Ours is almost fully loaded as well, or at least it was... ;) The only options I didn’t select were Beats Audio, storage pack and the spare wheel.

My dealer had a white one turn up with them at the end of last week without the Alcantara option fitted, and apparently mines the same, but just not with them yet. But it’s possible that they messed up both orders at the dealer end. Though why SEAT UK would offer compensation in that case I’m not sure.

Last edited:

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
I will need to look for a good second hand one if this is the case, if it’s on my order form it better be fitted. What garage did you order from ?

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Mines coming from Johnson’s SEAT - Liverpool. It was definitely described by them as a mis-build; they didn’t reference the current non-availability of that trim. Though, I suppose it’s possible that the option disappeared from their internal system before it disappeared from the web configurator, and so it just wasn’t there for them to select when processing the order...?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.