Key fob problem need advice please

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
it is a 2004 tolly

if its the same one as that link then it will work the ignition but not the doors, if you had it cut you can take it to a car key guy like I did and he can code a different unit and use your cut key bit which is what he done with mine but still cost me £50, I got so fed up with it I just wanted it done

there don't seem to be a number on mine so cant give you which one he sold me

Last edited:

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
ouch! might try a different one off ebay and swop the blade over first.
there is surly nothing more annoying than having a nice shiny new key that you cant use

sealover1

Oct 29, 2012
shame I don't know the model of the one I got I could of give it to you as I used my newly cut blade I just bought the fob off him and he coded it on a laptop

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
And a very nice car too. I have always liked the Mk.2 Toledo, which was the car from which the Mk.1 Leon was derived - but the Toledo is lighter (that tailgate is *heavy*) and stiffer. And I like the lines better too, but that's just me. I've had two, a TDI 110 and the lovely TDI 150 Sport.

Anyway, I did wonder if the OP had a compatible transmitter fob, but it can be hard to tell. Glad he got it sorted.

And, just to complete the observations, both the original keys have a transponder chip - they have to otherwise the immobiliser would stop the car. In the "dumb" key it is glued right next to the key blade in the plastic handle, just like in the "smart" key with the remote transmitter attached to it. In the past, lots of folks have upgraded to a flip key by taking the transponder out of the "dumb" key after matching the remote fob.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.