2010 Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDI Bluetooth

restuart_94

Jan 20, 2018
Hi, hoping for some help with a 60 plate Seat Leon FR I have just got today.

The car has the phone button on the steering wheel and has rear parking sensors with the MFD display in the instrumental cluster but I cannot for the life of me get my iPhone to find the car in Bluetooth?

Does my car definitely have Bluetooth? I have another Seat Leon Copa SE 2012 but it has the full nav kit with phone option built in so easy to pair.

Any help would be great!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Congratulations on the new car!

What media system do you have? I assume it genuine. You can normally tell when you boot it up it says seat media system 2.0 or 2.1 etc

If you can take the unit out it should have the address for the Bluetooth if it has it.

In media does it show Bluetooth audio?

Cheers

restuart_94

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks Jimbobcook!

It is indeed genuine, it's the stock media system that came with the car. I'm not 100% sure whether it is 2.0 or 2.1 but I will check tomorrow morning! Not too confident about taking the console apart to get to the unit, but can give it a go if it's the only way to find out?

In media it only shows AUX and CD, I looked through the setup to see if it was just a case of turning Bluetooth on/off but can't find it either.

I just thought if it had the call button and parking sensors and the MFD display it would have it?

Cheers

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks Jimbobcook!

It is indeed genuine, it's the stock media system that came with the car. I'm not 100% sure whether it is 2.0 or 2.1 but I will check tomorrow morning! Not too confident about taking the console apart to get to the unit, but can give it a go if it's the only way to find out?

In media it only shows AUX and CD, I looked through the setup to see if it was just a case of turning Bluetooth on/off but can't find it either.

I just thought if it had the call button and parking sensors and the MFD display it would have it?

Cheers

I have a 2010 Cupra R and the stock system I got was the RNS310, yours got nav?

If I press media on mine I get CD, SD Card, MDI, Aux and Bluetooth audio.

One would assume you would have indeed, I'm happy to send pictures on mine to confirm tomorrow if needs be.

Cheers

restuart_94

Jan 20, 2018
I don't have nav or the SD slot on the FR, not sure on the model number either sorry! Trying to post a link to a photo but it's not letting me as I'm a new member but if you remove the spaces from the web address below and copy and paste you should see what it looks like on mine:

h t t p s : / / w w w . m e r c l a n d . c o m /uploads/module_images/37243.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I don't have nav or the SD slot on the FR, not sure on the model number either sorry! Trying to post a link to a photo but it's not letting me as I'm a new member but if you remove the spaces from the web address below and copy and paste you should see what it looks like on mine:

h t t p s : / / w w w . m e r c l a n d . c o m /uploads/module_images/37243.jpg
I found this website to be helpful to find what system I had

https://smartworldcompany.com/how-t...agen-car-radio-infotainment-system-head-unit/

Looks like yours is the RCD500 if you want to confirm on that page.

RCD 500 has the capability to add handsfree kit and ipod adapter supposedly... You had a snoop around? SEATs like to hide adapters under the front seats...

Cheers

restuart_94

Jan 20, 2018
I'd say that's definitely the one, thanks for that!

I haven't had a proper search yet, assuming I'd need to buy a part for the car?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I would assume that if it wasn't installed at the factory then the previous user has put the phone button steering wheel on and put the original stereo back in when they sold it.

If you go legit seat stuff it will cost a small fortune I would assume, might be worth checking the chinese rcd copies for ones with Bluetooth. I had an RCD510 from China for less than £200 and that worked straight away on the steering wheel but I didn't get one with Bluetooth...

Hope that helps

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I have the same model, all the buttons on the steering wheel etc but no Bluetooth, from what I found all the FRs have the steering wheel with the buttons but you had to pay extra for the Bluetooth. Bit of a strange concept..

Congrats on the new car :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

restuart_94

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks Ray! It’s a very annoying concept! Did you manage to get around it and fit Bluetooth?

Struggling to find the right part for it as most of them come with the adapter with an SD slot AUX and USB when all I want is to have hands free?

Has anyone been in same situation and bought the right part?

Thank you I love it, apart from thinking it had Bluetooth

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Yeah I thought the same, I never bothered retro fitting it as it wasn’t really a necessity for me, just liked the idea of it if needed.

I was thinking that I would get a better head unit as mine doesn’t have he nav, very much a standard head unit, I think it’s the rns 310 but I couldn’t say for sure.

The remap was far more worth the money.

restuart_94

Jan 20, 2018
Pretty sure it is the RNS 310 as it’s in my other Leon, think I may go down the same route as you! Was that an expensive upgrade if you don’t mind me asking!

ray

Jan 7, 2016
No but that’s all your preference, more reputable big names I think your around 300 for a map, the only thing is unless they’ve upgraded the plug in software it was an ECU our job but for someone who knows what he’s doing will have it out in 15 mins.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.