Up Gti or Ibiza fr 115?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I know I'll probably receive bias replies but was just wondering what people opinions were?

Both cars will have the 1.0 115 and will be similarly specced.

Using brokers/carwow they work out around the same price, with the up looking a little more expensive (circa 15k)

What one would you go for and why?

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I know I'll probably receive bias replies but was just wondering what people opinions were?

Both cars will have the 1.0 115 and will be similarly specced.

Using brokers/carwow they work out around the same price, with the up looking a little more expensive (circa 15k)

What one would you go for and why?

Ibiza, looks like the class above the Up. You get more with the ibiza, with the up you’re paying a lot for a badge.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I guess the Ibiza will have more useful features (one touch windows and steering wheel reach adjustable etc.

But the up should have more character?

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I guess the Ibiza will have more useful features (one touch windows and steering wheel reach adjustable etc.

But the up should have more character?

I disagree. The Up doesn’t have anything on the Ibiza in my opinion. I honestly cannot see a single category where the Up is better, apart from obviously squeezing into a tiny space.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Up Mii Citigo is a great handling toy sized car, but the mid-range ones I drove had such a lack of trim I thought theyd been stripped for racing...
I mean - bare paintwork interiors in 2018 - its so 1960's.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Up Mii Citigo is a great handling toy sized car, but the mid-range ones I drove had such a lack of trim I thought theyd been stripped for racing...
I mean - bare paintwork interiors in 2018 - its so 1960's.

The UP GTI is stripped out but thats whats made folk want it and brought its price down. At least the bare body color paintwork inside causes no rattles, it maybe 1960's but so are silver/black wing mirrors and roofs that are making a comeback on much more expensive cars within the group, of which years ago was an extra to have body color. Comes around goes around.

Its just a shame the VAG 3 pot engine is not as refined as Ford's..

As for the OP's question, its completely personnel and depends on space, the UP GTI will corner better, may hold its value better, but could you live with that engine everyday..

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Its a much better engine for the motorway (when its silent) than those fun B-roads, or god forbid anything hilly when its tiny torque band is horribly exposed.

I'm so glad I drive mine in the flat end of Lincolnshire.

Last edited:

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Pretty much everything about the UP is crap. The low end media system with a tiny screen, the awful seats with chav style pattern, poor dash design, ugly shape/styling. You'd have to be mad to pay £15,000 for one.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
We had a High Up! shortly after they came out, and I loved it. Always felt like a more expensive car, despite the exposed paint inside. Ours was under £12k, and was brilliantly equipped...sat nav, climate control, heated seats... I also liked the style, but only in 3 door form with the kick up above the rear window. The leather steering wheel was particularly good, and the build quality and shut-lines were exemplary. Ours was white and it felt almost Apple like in its execution. You did sit quite high up (groan...) in it, but it was a hoot to drive. Took it to Paris instead of my 5 series since Parisian hotels aren’t renowned for their spacious car parks. It was fine :)

Ours only had 70bhp, but it was great fun wringing the performance out of it. 60% more power sounds good :) Not sure about another £4K, but then our Ibiza FR with options lists at 33% more than that...and it’s still 15% ish more after discount (and that assume no discount on the VW!!)

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
We had a High Up! shortly after they came out, and I loved it. Always felt like a more expensive car, despite the exposed paint inside. Ours was under £12k, and was brilliantly equipped...sat nav, climate control, heated seats... I also liked the style, but only in 3 door form with the kick up above the rear window. The leather steering wheel was particularly good, and the build quality and shut-lines were exemplary. Ours was white and it felt almost Apple like in its execution. You did sit quite high up (groan...) in it, but it was a hoot to drive. Took it to Paris instead of my 5 series since Parisian hotels aren’t renowned for their spacious car parks. It was fine :)

Ours only had 70bhp, but it was great fun wringing the performance out of it. 60% more power sounds good :) Not sure about another £4K, but then our Ibiza FR with options lists at 33% more than that...and it’s still 15% ish more after discount (and that assume no discount on the VW!!)