MK5 Ibiza Rear Windows

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Hi all,

I have an 09 plate 1.4 petrol Ibiza, SE trim I believe, and have had a problem with both rear windows not operating from their own switches on the rear doors. I find it a bit of an odd coincidence that both are faulty.. they don't make the window do anything but these windows are still operating from the drivers control panel. Child lock is off, I've tried swapping the front passenger control switch for one of the rear ones, even that one doesn't move the windows so I've ruled the rear switches out, so can only assume it's the wiring somewhere. Anyone else had a similar problem? :confused: Thanks.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Have you tried switching off the child lock?

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Have you tried switching off the child lock?

Damn! I knew there was something I missed out in that thread that I had checked already, I'll edit it in before anyone else suggests it. Child lock switched off doesn't make a difference either. It's a weird one, but it's something that effects both sides.. just can't figure out what it is.

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
By child lock - are you talking about the one near the drivers door switches - or the actual switch in each rear door that only allows it to open from outside ?

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
The child lock switch by the drivers window switch panel which controls whether the rear switches can be operated by the rear passenger.. But yeah that is off. Going to completely strip one of the rear doors and have a mooch about when the weather improves. I'm suspecting a dodgy wire somewhere.

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
maybe you could try to disconect the drivers door from the car and check if it is still not working.

it is very simple, just push the upper part of the conector up and the whole thing comes off.

just to discard a short in the drivers door switch that could be causing the others to malfunction.

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
The child lock switch by the drivers window switch panel which controls whether the rear switches can be operated by the rear passenger.. But yeah that is off. Going to completely strip one of the rear doors and have a mooch about when the weather improves. I'm suspecting a dodgy wire somewhere.

Can the rear doors be opened from INSIDE ?

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
maybe you could try to disconect the drivers door from the car and check if it is still not working.

it is very simple, just push the upper part of the conector up and the whole thing comes off.

just to discard a short in the drivers door switch that could be causing the others to malfunction.
Ok, I'll add that to the list of things to try haha. Thanks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.