Leon Bumper Removal & Cupra R Bumper Fitting Guide

Fallen Angel

Leon Cupra 1.8T 20v 180
I have created a page on my personal website purely for the removal of the mk1 Cupra front and rear bumpers, and the fitting of Cupra R bumpers
There are plenty of detailed pictures and a parts lists for the bits necessary for fitting the new bumpers

It also contains the steps for fitting a Forge Front Mounted Intercooler :clap:

Hope this helps, please leave comments at the bottom of the page, or if you have a query :D

http://fallenangelxsi.piczo.com/?preview=y&g=24212843&cr=2&rfm=y

Cheers

fuzzy

Mar 23, 2005
Bournemouth
its a 52 model leon cupra,

DSCF0025.jpg

leon flex

hi all iv bought a normall 1.4 seat leon an would like to put the full cupra r kit on it, it would be great if anyone can show me a pic of how a normall one looks with a kit on it an the alloys??

pjmdevo

Came across these pics somewhere on here!!

hi all iv bought a normall 1.4 seat leon an would like to put the full cupra r kit on it, it would be great if anyone can show me a pic of how a normall one looks with a kit on it an the alloys??

beforexg1.jpg

afteril9.jpg

Thats a sexy conversion. Waitin on money till i get my cupra kit on!! Pics comin soon!!

Last edited by a moderator:

pjmdevo

My car now-

image002uq2.jpg

Everything ready to go, just need the goods resprayed & fitted!

Expensive stuff, but it's worth it.

Fallen Angel

Leon Cupra 1.8T 20v 180
Makes a hell of a difference from Cupra to Cupra R doesn't it, bigger prescence and nicer to look at, also easier to clean lol
I'm just waiting on my colour coded rubbing strips on the doors and the side skirts and it will pretty much look like one on the outside.
Having a Cupra R looky likey wasn't my aim, i just didn't want silly fibreglass kits on this car, unlike my previous, and the Cupra R bumpers are the best looking by far i reckon

Standard :cry:
i111353284_10643_2.jpg

Kitted, lowered and alloy'd up :clap:
i194970211_72272_2.jpg

Last edited:

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
Does anyone know the part number for the caps on the slightly older Cupra bumper. The ones that are on the outer bumper skin that cover the bolts.

Thanks in advance.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi firstly great write up, also can i just ask how much do you think the front and rear bumpers cost all together and how much did painting cost you?
cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.