Bulb Sizes

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
mine used to play up but it was a dodgey connection making two of the leds go into paralel instead of series and shortening the voltage causing them to burn out.

grim1987

Aug 3, 2008
Wickford
How do the connections on the front side light bulbs come off and also for the head light blubs? Can get the bulbs themselves out but not the connection off. Tah

Ed_Leon_FR_TDI+

Bulb sizes for 2006 Mk1

Can you confirm if the bulb sizes are the same for a 2006 55 plate Leon MK1?
It suggests it will be 382 on auto bulbs direct website, but when I look at the rear indicator light I can see the pins are offset, which means 581? :confused:

Also will they be the same for the fornt indicators?

Please can someone confirm!

thanks

Ed

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
They are mentioned as door lights above.
Although I'm pretty sure they are the 39mm festoons. Can't remember without checking.

Yello

drives a Banshee
Aug 5, 2002
Weston-Super-Mare
Visit site
Dipped H7 are they reflector or Projector

Can someone confirm if the dipped headlights H7 are either reflector or projector?

My reason for asking is I have ordered and fitted a HIDS4U promax 55w kit (H7R 6k) these are supposed to be anti glare too.
My beam pattern is appauling and although they are bright when you look at them crouched down say 10 feets away they don't give off enough distant light to cover the road in front, especially the drivers side which seems worse for some reason. I have spoken to HIDS4U and they suggested cleaning the bulbs with meths, which I have done and made no difference.
I now think I have ordered the wrong kit, i.e. what is the metal covering which the bulb fits into within the headlamp, is this a beam "projector"? or just an anti glare cover? I ordered the reflector kit and paid £170 !! and tbh am not too impressed at the moment, I am now thinking I should have just got the £44 Dianne shop kit which on some photos posted on the site clearly gives off more light than my kit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Clive:confused:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
H7 is the bulb type and we have reflector lights in standard headlights.

Leave that cover alone, i don't think they ar eavailable separate, so meaning new headlights.

You have the right kit, just not giving the beam you want.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
No idea on the other numbers or what they mean.
The puddle light will pull out then you can measure the length of the bulb but tbh the 3mm diffierence is nothing and can be taken up by a slight bend of the connector (sounds harder than it is)

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
cheers lee,
i'm more than happy to take it out, (removed door cards to fix known leak issue), but don't want to waste money if not a straight swap as the pics don't really show how they connect and if i should need holders (if not what do they do exactly!)

sod it, only £4 each so will order a couple and see what happens

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.