Auto Gauge boost gauge. How to wire up correctly!!!!

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
That will just look odd mate. all the lights come on when the ignition comes on so i would keep it that way.

Wire it up as i mentioned in the start of the guide and you wont go wrong it does work.

k_pt

bring this back again.

i have auto gauge boost and oil temp. Both have 4 wires and i only want the lights to come on when i turn the lights on.

Any tips on wiring been searching for ages as i dont want to cut into wires until i know i have the right ones.

I grabbed the energy from the ESP/TCS button

That will just look odd mate. all the lights come on when the ignition comes on so i would keep it that way.

Wire it up as i mentioned in the start of the guide and you wont go wrong it does work.

All done now. Its wired up so that the gauges only light up when i turn the lights on, ie when its dark. There also controlled by the dash dimmer for brightness. All done now.

I just thought it would look daft the gauge lights coming on with no other lights...:shrug:

tinner

Im an absolute novice when it comes to wiring, so was wondering how the hell u get the wires out of the connecter block :confused: (see post 9)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
You don't get them out you just "piggy back" onto them.
Either solder the new wire to the one you "need" or cut the wire and use crimpers/electrical connectors/chocolate/amp blocks.

seatleontdi

turbo gauge

godber225r wer can i find the fpr pipe? 9ve wired mine in n its permenantly runs in -2.0 to -3.0 cud i have put it into the wrong pipe from the turbo?

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
godber225r wer can i find the fpr pipe? 9ve wired mine in n its permenantly runs in -2.0 to -3.0 cud i have put it into the wrong pipe from the turbo?

What car you got? take off the engine cover its on the injection rail on the right hand side looks like a dump valve but its not!!! (Thats the FPR) has a pipe coming off it T into that and cable tie the pipe across the rail and around the pipes to go up into the bulkhead

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
Sorry to bring back an old thread but have a few questions.

Had my AutoGauge Boost gauge setup and working for about 6 months it used to:
remember last selected colour
dim with light dimmer etc
generally working as expected

but recently it has:

started forgetting the last colour

when cycling through the 7 colours it will get stuck after the first repeat of the 7 colours i.e. after 8 clicks it them stops changing colour and doesn't start working again until you leave ignition off for a while occasionally it will start working after switching ignition off and on immediately.

Also the needle always sits at about -2 and always has which is annoying

I have check the fuse t the perm live and checked connections (as best i could as the wires are in crimp connectors and are now taped up to stop movement. If this likely a fault gauge or a faulty connection?

Also will halfords replace it after 6month (i do the have receipt)

cheers