Come on Cordy drivers!

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Would love to get it back, would repsray it completely kiwi yellow or red.

http://www.ignitionlab.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cordoba1.JPG
http://www.ignitionlab.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cordoba2.JPG
http://www.ignitionlab.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cordoba3.JPG
http://www.ignitionlab.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cordoba4.JPG
http://www.ignitionlab.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cordoba5.JPG

Anybody know what happened to it ??:think: Last I seen of it was when I traded it in in Scunthorpe SEAT years and years ago.

ex seat uk track car sprayed black? its been living at the nurburgring for the past couple of years I think.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
ex seat uk track car sprayed black? its been living at the nurburgring for the past couple of years I think.

Nah, there were a few of them... Tom's old one (the one you're talking about) didn't have those side skirts

That one crops up on ebay periodically....

There is one I think up to it's sills in mud in a Manchester dealer too

Ovv

Former SEAT driver
May 30, 2001
Scotland
Nah, there were a few of them... Tom's old one (the one you're talking about) didn't have those side skirts

That one crops up on ebay periodically....

There is one I think up to it's sills in mud in a Manchester dealer too

Any idea which Dealer ??

corda 1.6 8vsx

im now also a proud owner of a cordy all iv done so far is put a janspeed exhaust system on her but i want to do so much more any ideas were i can get some headlights and taillights for her

oldeboi

Nov 2, 2009
Yeah!
12 months MOT in the bag!
All I have to do now is sort out the long list of niggles and i may start to feel like im getting there!

Sheff's Cordy

Jul 12, 2009
Sheffield
I wasn't lucky when I had my MOT it failed on a bearing, ball joint, n/s rear caliper had no servo and it needed a new lambda. Least I got me vmaxx coilovers fitted it just needs an alignment.

oldeboi

Nov 2, 2009
I wasn't lucky when I had my MOT it failed on a bearing, ball joint, n/s rear caliper had no servo and it needed a new lambda. Least I got me vmaxx coilovers fitted it just needs an alignment.

my had an advisory for a rear bearing but at under a fiver a side and 30 minutes tinkering, il be doing both this week anyway.
Mine hadnt been used for a while before i bought it and was also advised that one of the rear calipers was grabbing quicker than the other causing slight imbalance, all im going to do is strip them down and lube up the sliders as the pads and discs are pretty new, job done.
Ive seen lambda probes on ebay for under £20 so depending on what one you need, may be a cheap fix. Ball joints can be a ballache but just soak in WD40.

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
my had an advisory for a rear bearing but at under a fiver a side and 30 minutes tinkering, il be doing both this week anyway.
Mine hadnt been used for a while before i bought it and was also advised that one of the rear calipers was grabbing quicker than the other causing slight imbalance, all im going to do is strip them down and lube up the sliders as the pads and discs are pretty new, job done.
Ive seen lambda probes on ebay for under £20 so depending on what one you need, may be a cheap fix. Ball joints can be a ballache but just soak in WD40.

Do yourself a favour and grab a set of GolfMk4 or Leon Cupra rear callipers and put those on instead. You just need some Goodridge hoses but otherwise they're a straight swap and you wont have them seize again :)

Pete

Ovv

Former SEAT driver
May 30, 2001
Scotland
Guess what I just found on a certain auction site.... yep my old Cordy, looks like it needs some work, thinking about it though.

Guess what I just found on a certain auction site.... yep my old Cordy, looks like it needs some work, thinking about it though.

Think I spotted it on there at lunchtime to..... didn't pay too much attention to it, as I'm not too keen on the yellow/red colour scheme ! :lol:

Ive seen that crop up a few times on ebay now, not keen on the colours myself, the back of the one ebay has a black panel, but on your pics ovv rear looks red??

samnich

Its on ebay at the mo going for spares/repair. Failed its MOT on £500 worth of labour according to the ad :)

Ovv

Former SEAT driver
May 30, 2001
Scotland
Im not keen on the colour scheme either, I dont know what the hell I was thinking when I 1st bought it, think I was won over by the performance to be honest.

Think the black panel must have been resprayed or replaced at some point Im guessing, plus someones stuck a whale tale on the rear... not pretty.

Have the list of failures and currently pricing the parts, even got me a ex VW technician who is willing to do the bits Im not keen on doing.

Very tempting, respray would be required as Im keen to restore it back to the original condition, so no large bumpers/sideskirts or whalestale. Track hack perhaps ??

oldeboi

Nov 2, 2009
Go for it mate, take off the stick on tatt and sell it to a chav.
Chances are it wouldve needed some paint anyway if its anything like mine.
Will rat-look be replaced by laquer peel look next show season?
Il clean up! :D

Ovv

Former SEAT driver
May 30, 2001
Scotland
:lol:
right then,

Who has a spare front cordy bumper and some original sideskirts that they would like to exchange for a few beer tokens ?:whistle:

Seriously though, am I just going down memory lane for memory lanes sake ? I dunno:shrug:

oldeboi

Nov 2, 2009
lol to Baxter na she be running the 2.0-16v lump under ur bonnet and that my friend is the jetex exhaust system from the mk2 20vt cordoba

Any issues with making this fit?
Id like to replace mine soon and this may prove cheaper than having one made in s/steel.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members