Why you should use vag-com to re-set the Throttle body

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Done the alignment today on mine with my Vagcom, haven't cleaned it though as the parts dept at both my local Audi and VW dealers were closed. I think it was out by about 0.4%, has sorted out my car hunting on idle and drives better too. Will be cleaning it next weekend, to see what crap is lurking

cuprastupot

Eleanor
Aug 27, 2009
Chester & Crewe
cleaned and reset using the liquid gauge. before it was idling very roughly (rev needle jumping)

and when acclerating softly it was hesitant and dump at random times -

now it is smooth all the way, much better.

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
Is it worth removing the Throttle body to do the cleaning or just leave it on? New gaskets will be required when re-fitting i presume?!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
hi. can any one tell me. is it the same process to reset the throttle body on a 1.6 mk 4 golf. mother in laws car is playing up. fault code suggest the throttle body needs cleaning and resetting????

mikeholroyd

hi. can any one tell me. is it the same process to reset the throttle body on a 1.6 mk 4 golf. mother in laws car is playing up. fault code suggest the throttle body needs cleaning and resetting????

Yes, same procedure.

Plug in, ignition on, LEAVE THROTTLE ALONE.
Open controller 1 Engine
Open basic settings
Go to channel 060 and then GO

Leave for 30 seconds before disconnecting.

Mike

funkydrummer

vag-com?

Hi, i have only bought my leon cupra last week, and i dont know loads about cars. This vag-com looks pretty good. Where can you get it done? or is it something you do yourself?

funkydrummer

just a thought, ive also got a VW transporter. Should it work on that aswell?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise