Lowering springs

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Got mine on the 25/40mm H&R's, drops the rear a bit more so the car sits with really nice stance, ride is teeth shattering !! Does hang on well in the bendy bits though, Go for it

Was the same on my Mk4, seriously stiff, handled well but the ride quality was awful

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I started this thread almost a year ago :blink:
But I am pleased to say I have finally got the car lowered.

Went for the 20mm Eibachs in the end as I really didn't want to mess up the ride quality.

Here's a before:
IMAG0220.jpg

And the after (also with the 17" wheels)
IMG_20120324_145705.jpg

Ride is pretty much the same - maybe a tiny bit firmer, and a little better in the corners.

I'm really pleased with them, didn't really want the car to look like it was lowered, but didn't like it being on stilts either. So I think the Eibachs are a great choice for improving the looks without makeing the ride harsh.

RLyons

Sep 20, 2010
I'm thinking about getting some eibachs for my FR. Is it necessary to do a 4 wheel geometry re-alignment afterwards?

Has anyone put these on their FR? Wouldn't mind seeing the drop!

Markmeus - are your tyres 225/45/17 (leon fr tyres) as your arches seem well filled compared to normal wheels!

Last edited:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Yes they are 225/45/17 - look great, but the rub a bit when there are people in the back so I'll be downsizing them to 215/40/17 when I get new tyres in the near future.
Speedo is also way out with the 225s!

RLyons

Sep 20, 2010
Think I'm going to go with eibachs, I don't want to ruin the ride with h&rs, and cannot afford dampers!

Mar 13, 2010
Eibach are known for producing some aof the best spring set-ups with compromising ride quality, its what il be geting i think when i get round to it.

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
I have the JOM coilovers fitted to mine. They are right down as well so I'm guessing around 70-80mm drop all round.

What sized wheels have you got on? I'm just wondering because I was looking at the JOM coilovers but went with V-maxx and still have room to drop the car more but I wouldn't be able to drive it, and I'm on 17s

Ah i've got V-Maxx waiting to be fitted. How much did you go down by if they aren't all the way down yet?

Got 17s on mine too.

WJs

MeepMeep
Oct 26, 2006
Netherlands
I cant believe how ridiculous a bonnet bra looks.

The white wheels make the car look very clean tho, looks nice.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.