Leon mk3 head unit upgrade

Tigerobe

Feb 20, 2017
Hi guys, a bit of advice please, have a 2014 Leon without the tech pack which means I don't have nav, or dab. I have seen an upgraded seat head unit which has nav and DAB, do I just fit it and it will work or does it require more for it to function as it should.
Thanks guys.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hi, you might get a better response posting this in the Leon Mk3 section of the forum, this part is for technical issues with forum itself . In answer to the question , I would think as a minimum you will need a DAB ariel.

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
Hi guys, a bit of advice please, have a 2014 Leon without the tech pack which means I don't have nav, or dab. I have seen an upgraded seat head unit which has nav and DAB, do I just fit it and it will work or does it require more for it to function as it should.
Thanks guys.

hi looked into this myself as i don't have nav either
from what i have found its quite a job as you know for the satnav unit from seat you need both the touch screen you see and the glow box that everything seems to wire into eBay your looking £350 ish

and as far as the DAB side the only thing i have learned in my quest so far is a small arial type box to replace the current non DAB one on the tailgate / boot under the plastics (they just pull off only clips here)

the only hardware i can not find online is the wires from the glovebox unit to the head unit but surely seat can help with that bit and not have my pants down

thats as far as i know so could be more or possibly could be wrong a little bit

i did learn it need 4 removal tools not the 2 eBay will sell you for 99p lol but 4 tool i saw people wanting like £3+ so its cheaper buy-in 2 lots lol

if this helps great now tell me how to remove the head unit hahah i pull but i nearly slice my fingers off with there **** tools :cry:
if its not just pull i don't want break anything

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members