Auto folding mirror mod

explorer

Jul 8, 2016
Hi.

Just thought I'd post in here. As originally thought you don't really need this modue to fold the mirrors

I've just coded mine to fold on the remote. So fold on lock and unfold when you turn ignition on sweet as a nut:p. Saves turning the knob every time. It can be disabled In the infotainment too

Also planing to code it to do close windows auto when it starts to rain.

And done chirp sound on lock so you know it's locked by sound which is cool.

Looking into mirror dip on reverse but not sure its possible as it needs memory module in wing mirrors and I couldn't' find that in the diagnostic

Theres lots of other tweaks that can be done

If any one wants theres doing and are local quite happy to do it for

a bob jenna:lol:.

Mines ibiza Mk5 fl and it obviously has to have the motorised wing mirrors

Maybe will post a vid up soon on it working

Cheers Rick :)

This is another think but please paste here your autoscan from vcds. Then we can definitely explain why it is working only for (your) facalift version of the ibiza 6j and all misunderstands will be explained.

Last edited:

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Looking to get mine coded but wanted to know if my car would be compatible first. I’m interested in this as it’s a hassle manually folding the mirrors in from inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where you at?

I guess message me if you local could maybe sort you out.

Will try and get a scan of car to stop people moaning In this thread

Except I wasn't using vcds:rolleyes:

Shazaiib47

Dec 15, 2017
Where you at?

I guess message me if you local could maybe sort you out.

Will try and get a scan of car to stop people moaning In this thread

Except I wasn't using vcds:rolleyes:

I’m in Manchester. So it’ll probably be about a 30/40min drive but if it’s for this then best believe it’ll be worth it.

That’s if it does end up working out, in which I have no doubts.

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
I’m in Manchester. So it’ll probably be about a 30/40min drive but if it’s for this then best believe it’ll be worth it.

That’s if it does end up working out, in which I have no doubts.

Well what model is yours? There saying on here preface lift it doesn't work. I'm not overly sure but I've seen on polo forums on the preface lift one people saying it works to so dunno :shrug:

explorer

Jul 8, 2016
Well what model is yours? There saying on here preface lift it doesn't work. I'm not overly sure but I've seen on polo forums on the preface lift one people saying it works to so dunno :shrug:

Sorry but this forum is about my module. So please open your own thread.

FOR ALL who are interested about coding possibility of the autofolding function.
Pre facelift models do not have the ability to code the folding mirrors on lock because there is difference between wirring, bcm version, door control module version in the pre- facelift ibizas.

My module is working on ALL ibizas 6J pre facelift, facelift but as I wrote on some facelift models is possible code this function via standard vcds, vcp or another obd2 cable. Google is your friend. I won't mix different things in one thread.

Last edited:

Shazaiib47

Dec 15, 2017

Mine is 2011 (60) Model. It has the module to auto fold from inside so I’m assuming something can be done?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well amaze us all by getting this sorted out using VCDS - you know someone has said that they can do that!

I might be wrong, but what you have is an early pre facelift model with all its early modules etc, with the standard fit, when folding mirrors have been spec'd for that car, switch to allow you to fold these mirrors in - that is all, please correct me if I am wrong!

My main point being, if you have a car with electrically powered folding mirrors, how else would you be able to fold these mirrors in - the cars without electrically powered folding mirrors allow you to fold them by hand, you can't do that with electrically powered folding mirrors, or shouldn't.

As said already, this thread was created by "explorer" to tell us about his plan to design and build and make available for sale, a module that plugged into the back of the folding mirror switch on early model cars, any other ideas on changing coding options on a car should be covered by opening a new thread and probably in the VCDS section of this forum.

You will remember to get back to us with the outcome of you trying to get this coding changed?

explorer

Jul 8, 2016
Mine is 2011 (60) Model. It has the module to auto fold from inside so I’m assuming something can be done?

Hi, my ibiza is 2011 too and before as I create this module I was looking for solution to code it but without success. It is possible of course but you need replace door control modules in left, right door, add some wirring .. too much changes for one function so I created this plug and play solution and it make auto folding job without problems.

I think that in mirror switch cable must be from factory wirring for pin 8 otherwise there is not enought hw for coding it.

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
Hello,
I would like to get hw3 version, I can only seem to find he hw1 on eBay, do you have a link for it? Thx

markrc139

Aug 16, 2017
Hertford, England
I'm aware I'm reviving an old thread, but are these still available? If so, where can I purchase one for my 2011 pre-facelift with electric folding mirrors. Thanks.

Mark

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hi what is the price of i dont buy from ebay? I already had contact with jou on ebay but moe i have the ibiza 6J facelift. And would like to have it on my car.

If you have a 6J facelift car, this mod is not for you, it was designed for retro fitting to the original 6J Ibiza, you should be able to program your mirrors to fold by using the options in the Infotainment system, that is, if you have powered folding mirrors fitted to your car.

Check some of the posts above, I think that it is detailed in there.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
If you have a 6J facelift car, this mod is not for you, it was designed for retro fitting to the original 6J Ibiza, you should be able to program your mirrors to fold by using the options in the Infotainment system, that is, if you have powered folding mirrors fitted to your car.

Check some of the posts above, I think that it is detailed in there.

With vcds is not posible. Mine is 2014 seat Garmin system.. not with nav screen on dashboard(ibiza 6P).then jou ca code of as look command instead of convience control and option in car menu.(6P) I know because i already checked with vcds.. maybe with VCP but dont know how?... I already code al lot of ibiza's as hobby (vagcomdordrecht).

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That sounds a bit strange, though I have only worked on a late 2009 Ibiza 6J that obviously just had a radio and no "infotainment" functionality at all.

Your car must be a very early facelift as it is a 2014 - or is it, maybe it is a very late manufacture prefacelift, and that would explain why you can't use car settings options to activate this feature - and yes this product by explorer will be needed to get the mirrors to fold.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
That sounds a bit strange, though I have only worked on a late 2009 Ibiza 6J that obviously just had a radio and no "infotainment" functionality at all.

Your car must be a very early facelift as it is a 2014 - or is it, maybe it is a very late manufacture prefacelift, and that would explain why you can't use car settings options to activate this feature - and yes this product by explorer will be needed to get the mirrors to fold.

I have the seat Garmin pid. Maybe in Holland its different but here from 2012 til 2015 there is a pre-facelift and facelift. Mine 2014 is facelift. I have bixenon with led drl like de ibiza 6p only dashboard is not the same as a ibiza 6P with the big screen in dashboard.

This is mine.
2014-seat-ibiza-fr-14.jpg

This is ibiza 6p
seat_ibiza-cupra-2015_r1.jpg

On this media system, yes in module 9 you can code folding mirrors and the option in car menu. But on a 6p they already fold with key fob if you press locking button longer if activated or with vcds to look command(direct fold with locking car) same like on the new 2018 ibiza 6F.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd think that when you look with VCDS and check the part numbers of the BCM (probably) you would be able to work out if, as far as the car's "electronics package" is concerned, that you have what is called a pre-facelift or a post facelift, the pre-facelift BCM ( Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)) part number starts with 6R0 - and the post facelift BCM part number starts with 6C0 .

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
I'd think that when you look with VCDS and check the part numbers of the BCM (probably) you would be able to work out if, as far as the car's "electronics package" is concerned, that you have what is called a pre-facelift or a post facelift, the pre-facelift BCM ( Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)) part number starts with 6R0 - and the post facelift BCM part number starts with 6C0 .

Mine Module 9 only Works with longcoding. Ik the adaption settings there are some options. Not the same as in a 6P. 6P i need to activate all the options in adaption not with long coding. You can check nu Facebook page: vagcomdordrecht. Already done a lot of coding on 6J, 6J facelift, 6P and 6F...

Here jou can see mine 2014: (scan vcds)
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels:. 7H0-937-08x-09.clb
Part No SW: 7H0 937 090 D HW: 7H0 937 090
Component: BCM PQ25 Max4 H74 0725

This is one of a 6P 2016: (scan vcds)
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: None
Part No SW: 6C0 937 089 D HW: 6C0 937 089
Component: BCM PQ26 Hi4R H10 0094

And this one of 6F 2018: (scan VCP)
Adressword : 09
Name : Central Electrics
VAG no. : 2Q0937090
Description : J519 BCM A0 Std+
SW version : 0915
Coding :
Comm.mode : UDS, EV_BCMA0 204001
DataSet: V03935264BT

My ibiza 2014 is a facelift FR with dynamic package. As i already said i checked every module and option because i have a smal business in VAG coding. And i am curious about what options my car have. Dit not send the option in de bcm. Not in longcoding and not in adaption.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
BCM part number 7H0 - that must a "territory specific" set of parts on that car, I'd have to work out which platform is 7H0! Same for 6F platform and 2Q0.

You would think that as VW Group operate world wide that they would just supply the same part numbers to all markets, I know that some markets are slightly different and it seems that you live in one of them, very annoying.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Its verry easy 6J(+pre-facelift&facelift 2008-2015) is PQ25 platform, 6P(2015-2017)is PQ26 platform. And 6F is MQB A0 platform. Here in Holland. And i think the rest of the world?

Like the Leon 1p, altea 5p etc PQ35 and the leon 5F MQB platform

But maybe i can program them with vagcan pro because vcp has a PQx5 output programmer. But dont know how. Already asked this on the vcp forum for registered vcp cable users. Bcm programming is something i never done with VCP.

But for now. This mods wil work on my ibiza 2014 fr now it only fold with the knob inside of the car. And not with vcds etc.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members