1.4 tsi Hybrid

Qlim4X

Jul 16, 2017
Hello,

i have a k03 turbo upgraded to 43/56 11 blade compressor wheel. K04-064 Turbine wheel and K16 thrust bearing. With this combination i have achieve 330hp at the crank.

Now its the time to upgraded one more time. and i want your opinion. im thinking to upgrade my compressor housing to K04-023 and adding a bigger compressor wheel 46.4/60 11 blade with k16 thrust bearing and again k04-064 turbine wheel and to reduce the backpressure i will add an external wastegate . with this i ll try to reach 350hp.

Do you believe 11 blade is better option than classic 6+6?

Do you believe that o will reach my goal of 350hp?

Thanks in advance.

rbpe

Experienced
Mar 11, 2017
Manchester
www.rbpe.co.uk
Depend's on the design of the wheel, I would've expected a lot of CFD development with Garrett and Borg-Warner's new range so if it is a copy of such design upgrades, then you're likely looking at greater efficiency....just a re-design without any proper gas dynamics tests could be a help or a hindrance though.

If you met 330hp with the last set up then with the extra size on the wheel and higher gas flow in the housing then it should theoretically flow more, might shift your flow a bit further up the rev range mind you but certainly doable one would think!

Qlim4X

Jul 16, 2017
My first copressor wheel made by KTS and this guys know what they do. So i will choose them again. Just think that an oem k04-064(46.4/56) compressor mades the same power with my current 43/56 gtx wheel.

Now I have two options at 11 blade style and tending to option number 1.

1) 46.4/60 extended tip
2) 48.5/61 extended tip

I believe that the main problem is not the compressor wheel but the turbine wheel that is limiting my overall performance.

I will try to clip the k04-064 shaft around 8-10 deegres to see if i have better results in the top end. I know that i will loose 300-400rpm spool but i dont care curently i full boost around 3800rpm so no big deal. My car is designed for rolling drag so my rev range is 5000-7000rpm.

If i dont get the result that i want then i will go to option 2 or option 1 with external waste gate and unclipted shaft.

Its all about try and error.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members