Door lock noise

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
You not thought about getting a new car with the amount of issues you've had?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure, but new I can't aford it right now, if I buy an used I go back to square 0, having to fix and learn how to fix things again

besides I'm not having much problems with the car latelly...

Last edited:

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Any chance u can upload to YouTube and post a link? Phone does not support

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Noise started yesterday and today it started to not lock sometimes

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
replaced the door lock with an used unit and it's ok now, but the door requires a new elevator as disassembling it so many times it's not working perfecly now.

BTW

for those who disassembled the doors before does this have any porpose? is there a problem if I cut one, as it would make easier?

s_l1600.jpg

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
now the other two I didn't replace yet are giving errors, what a fail!
all four of them failed in less than 10 years.
no wonder they only used this locks untill 07/2008

03302 - Response Closing Status of Passenger's Door
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

03303 - Response Closing Status of Rear Left Door

winter is comming!!!

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Sometimes life is cruel

Tomorrow is meant to be the first day of winter, try telling that to people in some parts of Scotland and Northern England, snow has already arrived!

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Meanwhile I replaced the rear drivers side door lock, and now only the passenger door has the original door lock. I'm waiting for an ebay order to replace that one.

The ones I've been installing are from VW Passat, and I noticed the manufacturer is different, which may or may not explain the problems:
Passat: Kiekert
Ibiza: Intier

I did change my BCM coding, now with one click it only opens the drivers door, two consecutive clicks and opens all doors.
It still unlocks all four doors from the inside (maybe a security measure) but only drivers doors outside.
they usually stop working from outside first* so I hope this will prolongue the door locks life.

* I think it's because outside it locks/unlocks twice (when you enter the car / leave the car / reach 15km/h / remove the key from the ignition) in a normal use while inside only once.

It was very simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQkwxeR0Q-Y

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hum, I had not thought about "one press all doors unlocked" and "auto locking" as shortening the life of these lock assemblies!

My wife's old 2002 Polo 5 door that she ran from new to 13 years 105K miles, did have "two presses all doors unlocked" though she did tend to open all doors most of the time as she would be collecting someone enroute, that car never developed any door lock issues.

I have configured all our cars to have "auto locking" as well as "one press unlocks all doors", so I hope that I don't need to get inside any doors!

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Hi RUM4MO, fortunatly for you, you don't have the same door locks as me.

I didn't disable auto-locking.

I disassemble a door lock, and found out there is three switchs.

- 1 to control the lock state outside
- 1 to control the door state inside
- 1 to control if the door is open or close

As all doors that develop problems, stop to lock or unlock outside but still work inside fine, I hope it is the first switch above that stops working, and now if I press once only one door is unlocked outside.
The switch is a rubber thing that is pressed against by the mecanism, I guess that with to much use they fail and start to get water inside, although I did not found any problem when I disassembled it.

3302 - Response Closing Status of Passenger's Door

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
I have no idea what this noise could be...

I'm not happy ehehe, just replaced the passenger door lock 2 weeks ago, and the rear drivers 1.5 months ago, and now this!

This doesnt have an end, it seems.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.