What tyre pressures do you run?

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
Hi there,

I’ve never struggled with tyre pressures until I got an Exeo.... tried 35psi all round seems too harsh so tried 32psi all round but looks too soft!? I know the standard recommendations are 32F 29R but with having a little one and carrying plenty in the boot I think 29psi is far too low!

Should have mentioned it’s a 2.0 TDi ST,

Thanks
Nick

Karmann_65

Sep 7, 2016
Hi Nick

For daily commuting I keep mine at the standard (unladen) settings you quoted. The steering has always felt to be on the heavy side but I put that down to having lower profile tyres than than what I was used to my previous Passat TDI estate. How much different tyre makes affect the feel I can't really say. Changed the fronts recently and the garage over inflated them. I dropped them back down and the car felt just like before.

We sometimes go camping (family of four) and the boot and roof box soon fill up. At this point I increase all the pressures to 35 psi.

Find you own happy medium settings but stay within the max and min recommendations.

Hope this helps

Brian

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks Brian, I’ll keep them at the standard recommendations for now I will be covering quite a few miles in the next few days so will see how I get on may increase 1 or 2 psi.

Nick

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.