Leon Mk1 & Golf Mk4 door seal/trim - identical?

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
So, you know the rubber trim/seal that clips onto the whole length of front edge of the rear doors, and then in turn forms a seal when the front door closes? Anyone know if it’s the same on a Leon Mk1 and a Golf Mk4?

Ta :)

maccyb

Jan 17, 2018
I need to replace these very things... but I can't find a part number or a name by which to find them. Anyone know if & where they can be obtained?

maccyb

Jan 17, 2018
Awesome, thanks for the quick response. Now to see if anyone has them available...

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Which ones do you need exactly as I've got a few spares from a FR TDI I'm breaking.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

maccyb

Jan 17, 2018
As the OP describes - the outer door seal strip that goes down the front edge of the rear door and seals against the front door - needed on both sides. Current ones have perished/degraded to the point where they won't stay in position.

I've got an 05 plate Mk1 (1.8T) if that makes any difference...

maccyb

Jan 17, 2018
I also have the apparently common issue with the lock on the rear nearside door no longer working... I've seen the instructions on replacing it and am debating whether to get a proper mechanic to do it!

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
I also have the apparently common issue with the lock on the rear nearside door no longer working... I've seen the instructions on replacing it and am debating whether to get a proper mechanic to do it!

It is not that hard if you are a moderate diyer. Follow the guide and you won't go far wrong. Just did mine last week and when the door accidently closed before I had set it all back up it just told me I was wise to not let it get to the point where it failed completely.

OOO...when you say no longer working I hope you can open it?

maccyb

Jan 17, 2018
I can open (and close) the door, it won't lock at all. Are you referring to the guide on vwvortex.com that ends in 1015107? (I can't post links yet)

Guess I'll need a locking unit and the 8mm triple square tool...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.