Seat Ibiza FR Leather Dash

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
Hi,

my mate has just taken delivery of a brand new Ibiza FR/67 in the UK with leather seats upgrade, he also got leather dash has anyone else seen that ? btw the leather seats are well worth the upgrade and beats :) I also have one on order arrives next month. I will post a pic later.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I ordered the alcantara seats with my 1.5 FR. Do you have a photo of the dash you can post?

Hod9y

Dec 5, 2017
Are you referring to the part of the dash that is typically gloss black? I'm looking to pick up my Ibiza FR 1.5 Evo this weekend :)

Last edited:

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
@seatibizaking are these your pics of the leather dash insert on the Seat Ibiza Owners Club facebook page?

7afdc9b60822fe9baea17d822b01dcb5.jpg
ca18921a3dbe3ce0a6db5fd8227ee8c9.jpg

Last edited:

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Could be a build change, I’ve seen that same leather effect dash on a arona.

komoornik

Oct 1, 2017
Dash certainly isn’t leather in the Xcellence

Perhaps not for cars older then MY18. I guess many are disappointed with the glossy trim.

Check youtube videos with Arona Xcellence - it's fake leather too.

Edit:

Check out this:

vosq2j.jpeg

But it seems only for the basic trim, not if you choose black glossy to get rid of even worse pink trim:

vosq2j.jpeg

Last edited:

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I ordered an Ibiza FR in October with the following options;

Leatherette/alacantara seats
LED headlights
Desire Red paint

Still not had a build date yet, hopefully soon! Also didnt know about the dashboard... not sure if I like it or not.... :blink:

Hod9y

Dec 5, 2017

LED headlights
Desire Red paint

Still not had a build date yet, hopefully soon! Also didnt know about the dashboard... not sure if I like it or not.... :blink:

Likewise, although personally I was never a huge fan of the gloss. Still yet to see the leatherette in person, but from first glance I think it's probably a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I will probably prefer it in the flesh, just thought the gloss black gave a bit of contrast to the interior.

Going to email dealership tomorrow for confirmation.

When did you guys order?

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
yes those pictures are of my mates New Seat Ibiza FR, sorry would not let me post them, sounds like there has a been a build change in the last month and anyone with Leather seats will get the leather dash also.

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
I ordered mine on 23rd Nov, so will def have the Leather dash, my friend ordered his 23rd Sept, and got the leather dash, so anything after that date will get the leather dash upgrade I have been told as long as you have gone for the full leather interior, not sure what week the change was made though.

Last edited:

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I was contemplating the leather/alcantera interior if I order the 1.5 FR I'd rather have the gloss black, and if a spec change I'd rather the armrest and rear electric windows.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Is there any real leather in a low-range SEAT apart from the steering wheel and gear knob?

I know the alcantara seats in mine have simi-leather or some such on the bolsters. Certainly no actual cow.

Is this new dash panel simulated imitation leatherette or real imitation leatherette? :)

komoornik

Oct 1, 2017

LED headlights
Desire Red paint

DSG?

My date is being pushed all the time..

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
When I went to the factory in april I was talking about the exact same thing! I mentioned about some alcantara trim and he said what about letherette? With a sly wink lol

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
My dealer came back to me today to say my build slot is week 2 of 2018.... and that means it won't turn up at the dealers until 1st week in February and probably another week on top for all the checks, etc.

That seems excessively long considering I ordered on 19th October!! :blink::confused:

Bit annoying considering when I was at the dealers they quoted about 10-12 weeks.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members