Dash Cam

Smeghead

Dec 29, 2017
www.cbafinancials.co.uk
Hi all
does anyone have a recommendation for a dash cam please?
i intend to hard wire it into the car (when i get it!) and would prefer one with really good image quality over other features.
many thanks
chris

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi all
i intend to hard wire it into the car (when i get it!) and would prefer one with really good image quality over other features.
many thanks
chris

A few mates have the Nextbase 112 from Halfords mounted in their wives cars.
Footage looks pretty good to me and the 112 is fairly small too.

You would need to go to the 212 to get 1080 quality

Last edited:

LCR33

Aug 18, 2014
In a house
I have tried many and now only trust/use 1

DDpai. We have them fitted to all our cars, (the M6 plus and the mini2) the images in all conditions and light are outstanding and very easy to use, you can also link to you mobile via WiFi.

All are hard wired too.

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi all
many thanks
chris

It depends what you are willing to pay, I have Nextbase 512G which I got with the Nextbase hardwire kit and storage pouch for about £160. Think they are cheaper now, there's a new model, 612GW, I think. Very pleased with the video quality on mine both in daylight and at night. It has a polarising filter on the lens which helps reduce reflections from the screen.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Have been looking at these the last couple of days after being right behind a pretty big accident on the motorway yesterday morning.

The nextbase always get good write ups, the 412 is currently 30 quid off at most places now. How difficult or easy are the hardwire kits to fit for them?

Have also been looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Das...1515167178&sr=1-1&keywords=garmin+dash+cam+55

as it seems to get really good reviews and has a lot of features for the money.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Have been looking at these the last couple of days after being right behind a pretty big accident on the motorway yesterday morning.

The nextbase always get good write ups, the 412 is currently 30 quid off at most places now. How difficult or easy are the hardwire kits to fit for them?

Have also been looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Das...1515167178&sr=1-1&keywords=garmin+dash+cam+55

as it seems to get really good reviews and has a lot of features for the money.

The hardwire kit from Nextbase is very easy to install, there is a post on this forum somewhere on how to do it, the Garmin 55 looks very interesting but has very mixed reviews. I see that the 512G is going for £119.95 on Amazon. It will take a 32gb microSD card, about 3hours recording before it starts to overwrite previous recordings.

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
Love my E-PRANCE 0805. First unit faulty, DOA, quickly replaced. Working for the past 3 years, no problems. Great quality day/night. Problem is: the new models are crap. Bought the Motorola for the missus car, quality nowhere as good as mine, but it's a solid/cheap camera.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Bit the bullet over the weekend and bought the Garmin.

Loving it so far, crazy easy to set up, its tiny so well hidden behind the rear view mirror, and the mount is a magnet that connects to the windscreen, so no big suction mount.

Picture quality is really good too, it came with an 8GB card but have stuck a 32GB in there, which will apparently do 3 hours at 4k.

The driver aids are actually really quite helpful too, it does ping there you are in a mobile van hotspot though which can be a bit annoying!

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I've been running a lukas qvia t790 for 12 months with no issues. Comes with parking mode when connected to perm earth. No screen so is small enough to tuck behind rear view mirror. Is wifi enabled for configuration purposes.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
I have an SJCAM SJ4000 in the rear of mine.
It's basically a 'fake' gopro in my opinion, but with a screen and dashcam software for aito stsrt/stop/power on&off.

The quality is superb in both light and dark.

Can recommend it 100%.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members