Passenger door not opening

Shepo08

Nov 15, 2016
Surrey
As title says really, I have been trying for days now but I am getting no luck, the front passenger door will not open from the outside or inside, does any one have any ideas what this could be please ? I have took the inside upper panel off and sprayed some wd40 on/in the mechanism but still no luck!! [:@]:cry:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thus may sound silly but my brothers ibiza front door wouldn't open and I found somewhere on this forum that if you push just above the door handle like your trying to slide the door up then open the door whilst pushing in, it's like the clasp holding the door locked doesn't quite make it over the latch.

Maybe worth a try..

Obviously don't do it too hard otherwise you may be calling for a dint repair as well...

Cheers

Simon

Madman0405

Mar 8, 2015
Eastbourne
I had the same issue and tried many different methods including removing locking mechanism and cleaning and still didn't work. I ended up changing the whole mechanism for another one from eBay and hey presto door now opens.

It is a bit of a faf as you have to remove the whole door card for the front doors to gain access.
Good luck

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.