RECALL: Brake Servo Hose

flashbsd

admin: sticky? might be worth it with the recall number so peeps can quote it :)

T7ODD

I advise anyone who is unsure to phone their local dealer and insist on it being checked on the system. I found out that my 02 Ibiza Cupra does qualify for the recall and I probably wouldn't have got a letter either because SEAT's database is out of date. I changed my reg number last July, they couldn't find my details using my current reg number or my chassis number but found it with the old reg number which my name and address isn't registered to!

It's booked in now though for the middle of March! but to top it off my coilpack went this morning but managed to limp to work stinking of eggs. The car only has 25k miles! :thumbd:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm thinking I'll just buy the pipe if it's not too much money, then fit it myself rather than entrust the YTS kids

simondo

Just rang my local dealer and quoted my chassis no. regarding servo pipe issue. He said mine was not affected, so rang Seat UK and now a recall letter is on the way with a recommendation to get to a dealer sharpish!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT TAKE DEALERS WORD FOR IT!
I had experience of non assisted braking due to a failure in a Calibra, and it's v. scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Louise

took mine into the local dealer today (Hereford); service guy checked it straight away, and said it's showing the first signs of cracking :| Booked in for nxt Weds to have it replaced :D

A work colleague has a 02 plate Ibiza Cupra R... Would this affect hers too?

flashbsd

Louise get it checked anyway, its not the kind of thing to leave till next week :)

mine has only done 22k and it was severly cracked, thanks Dor for sticking it. Dealer was helpful at my end, the pipe is 11.04 plus VAT if you wanna fit it yourself. the new one looks a bit more glossy, as if there is an extra layer to stop the elements getting to it.

:)

Jonesy

Leftie and Proud
Sep 27, 2004
Pig Hill
Just phoned SEAT UK and my 52 plate Leon Cupra does
not qualify for the recall :thumbup:

They did tell me first to phone the local stealer, but I insisted they checked on their system there and then and he did with no bother :)

jl_1981

John
Feb 22, 2005
Motherwell, Scotland
I called Seat UK today, they said my chassis number is within the affected ibiza's. Definatley worth while contacting them direct - dont take dealers word for it. They said a letter should be on its way 2 me within the next few days.

WOULD THEY HAVE BOTHERED IF I HADN'T CALLED?? :thumbd:

JL

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Just got my recall letter for the bolts holding the diesel pump.......

I looked under my bonnet and the bolts on my pump have a bright blue hue ... they look dodgy to me..:(

markmck

f!!#*** Computers
Feb 1, 2002
ballymena
Visit site
I got a recall notice last week 47S3

Mik checked mine whilst in Jockland in September last and we reckoned it looked out but I'll get it looked at anyway

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
mark sheerin said:
Just got my recall letter for the bolts holding the diesel pump.......

I looked under my bonnet and the bolts on my pump have a bright blue hue ... they look dodgy to me..:(

Check the pump on your engine, if it is a bosch pump your ok. The other type of pump is LUK and if it has a green mark on the top of it your are also ok, if not the 5 bolts that hold it together need replacing. This is because of a manufacturing defect of the bolts and the heads are snapping of causing a diesel leak. Hope this helps.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.