LCR Suspension

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Great info in here, cheers. however I was just wondering if the info on here regarding ARB's and strut braces is just applicable to LCR, or if fitment is the same across the leon range? I obviously dont need the same level as on an LCR since I only have a SE 110, so how far is it worth going? If im clogging this thread up and you'd rather I posted in a seperate thread, just say so! thanks

Specifically the thread was LCR but that said the rear end of the LCR is the same as any other Golf Mk1V / Leon etc.

If you don't have an LCR it's more likely that the majority of the Golf Mk1V stuff will fit your car so you will have more choice of ARB kits and strut braces etc......most good part suppliers will be able to confirm whether they fit your Leon......be carefull buying stuff from ebay as some suppliers have less product knowledge / less likely to take back part and give refunds

techathy

^^ my name, my thought >>
Jul 9, 2009
Cambridge
Sorry for digging up an old thread but this seems the right place.

don't be afriad of a chunky front ARB causing too much understeer either, not a problem in my experience
ARB diameter isn't everything as you can have different elastic properties of the metal. Not only that but if you have 2 ARBs of the same torsional resistance, for a given torsional load, but different diameters will behave differently as you change the load on the ARB. I think that a the thinner the diameter of the ARB the more logarithmic the ARBs response becomes, but I can't quickly find if this is correct.

Last edited:

Callmegoose

so... when buying strut braces, or ARB's do you want thicker or thinner?

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Strut braces are just a bar to hold your suspension turrets (or strut-tops) in position - doesn't really matter what you use to do this.
Generally, for less body-roll you're looking for thicker ARBs... but the size isn't always an indication of it's strength. If it's a performance upgrade from a reputable manufacturer, it will usually say if it's stiffer, and sometimes by a percentage factor over standard.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.