Leaking washer fluid in the boot - my fix + Pics

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
Finally fixed my leaking rear washer jet.. only it wasnt the jet itself lol. One of the pipes had clicked out of place. Below are pics of the pipe and where it had come apart :) no more wet boot for me yey (for now :))

Hope this helps anyone with this kinda issue..

IMAGE_069.jpg

Here you can probably just make out the big wet patch :)
First step is to remove all the left paneling (beware of flying clips)

IMAGE_068.jpg

Heres a bit of a close -up

IMAGE_067_2.JPG

Circled in red, this is where the tubing had come apart. It just simply clicks back in!

Then just put paneling back in place reverse of removal

Took about 10-15 mins and lots of swearing (bloody clips) but no more washer fluid squirting into my boot :)

sorry for poor quality pics had to use camera phone :(

adrianmorris

May 17, 2004
I had to do this a few weeks ago and I also recommend testing for leaks once you've connected it back together and before you re-assemble the car. I found that although my connector wasn't damaged it still leaked a little when the washers operated.

In the end I carefully used some sealant in the joint and a cable tie to hold the connector together tightly.

If it fails again then I reckon that some kind of 'normal' tube connector would be better rather than the part Seat have chosen.

Adrian.

cyclops

cheers mate
my rear wash hasn't worked for ages but ive been to lazy to investigate. you may have saved me loads of time hunting for the problem

thanks

sean

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
mine is now doing this i think its a winter wonder that happens.gonna strip mine down and re do the connection and make sure it dont leak again.Thanks for the helping pics there

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
sorry i forgot to mention to check for it leaking afterwards, thought that would be kinda common sense hehe :p

i thought if it happens again i will get rid of the black connecting pipe and then put a custom conenction in there but its been fine all today and yesterday :)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
id also put zip ties or small fuel line clips over the connections to be sure it doesnt happen again

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I got this, but it drips down my boot lock.

Booked into Seat for a warranty job (and to replace some seals that Skoda picked up on in the last service !!).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.