Revotechnik

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk2

Leon Mk2 For all topics relating to the Mk2 Leon

Old 03-02-2018, 12:19   #1
RyanC93

RyanC93 has 10 points
Forte engine flush

Has anyone had any experiences with engine flushes on a Cupra , I have Noisey tappets and itís driving me crazy, Iíve just bought myself 2 forte injector cleaners and 2 lots of petrol treatment bottles , the injector cleaners work very very well. So I am probably going to flush the engine in a few days with the forte brand , the car has been well maintained , regular oil changes but donít think it ever has been flushed , 90,000 on the car now , just abit cautious as people say it can block up feed lines and so on..
Old 03-02-2018, 12:23   #2
Leeoncupra
Leon cupra 240 stg1

Leeoncupra has 20 points
Have you checked the cam chain?

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

Last edited by Leeoncupra; 03-02-2018 at 12:23.
Leeoncupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:25   #3
RyanC93

RyanC93 has 10 points
Does the cam
Chain make a tapping noise? My car only seems to tap once it’s up
To temperature it doesn’t do it when it’s cold .. I would think the chain would do it constantly no matter what temperature or would it do it when it’s warm aswell do you know, I took it for a remap and nothing was said about it at all, can’t really be anything major , I just want it sorted before it turns into
Something worse Lol
Old 03-02-2018, 12:35   #4
Leeoncupra
Leon cupra 240 stg1

Leeoncupra has 20 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC93 View Post
Does the cam
Chain make a tapping noise? My car only seems to tap once itís up
To temperature it doesnít do it when itís cold .. I would think the chain would do it constantly no matter what temperature or would it do it when itís warm aswell do you know, I took it for a remap and nothing was said about it at all, canít really be anything major , I just want it sorted before it turns into
Something worse Lol
Mine did it when it got warm but mine was seriously bad , worth checking it mate they are known to go and at 90k its likely mine had 81k when i had mine done

Just a thought , alot of people said it wasnt and my gut told me to get it checked,

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348
Old 03-02-2018, 12:55   #5
RyanC93

RyanC93 has 10 points
Did you check it yourself ? Was yours consistent or inconsistent ? Mine is just constant omce
The car has reached operating temperature
Old 07-02-2018, 14:25   #6
Leeoncupra
Leon cupra 240 stg1

Leeoncupra has 20 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC93 View Post
Did you check it yourself ? Was yours consistent or inconsistent ? Mine is just constant omce
The car has reached operating temperature
It was constant at operating tempreature when i was holding it steady at a steady throttle 3k and above

My garage checked it and replaced it and the noise dissappeared

Old 07-02-2018, 14:44   #7
RyanC93

RyanC93 has 10 points
Mine is ticking when it is just idling (I am going to do an engine flush using forte engine flush, it says it quite a noisy lifters so fingers crossed )Saturday morning with some Mobil 1 oil and a new filter

Last edited by RyanC93; 07-02-2018 at 14:44.
RyanC93 is offline   Reply With Quote