Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk2

Leon Mk2 For all topics relating to the Mk2 Leon

Old 12-02-2018, 11:11   #21
Rosskie

Rosskie has 10 points
These are the bulbs I got, they dont actually say no canbus error on this listing, but other listing for the same bulbs did say that. Either way, no errors.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Nighte...72.m2749.l2649

Least bulbs can be easily swapped if MOT fail, wouldn't fancy re-installing a DPF!!
Rosskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 13:58   #22
Rosskie

Rosskie has 10 points
which sidelight bulbs did you get?
Rosskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 20:59   #23
T0ma5

T0ma5 has 10 points
Random question but, one of the little metal clips that holds in the dipped bulb on my 2010 Cupra R is missing. A previous owner must have broken it or something.

Can you buy these little metal clips anywhere or, if not, anyone have any ideas how I can secure the bulb in the housing?

I’ve tried electrical tape but it doesn’t hold the bulb securely and every time I hit a bump I can see the light on the road shake up and down.

Cheers.
T0ma5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 21:05   #24
ray

ray has 10 points
I’d imagine that is a dealer part, shouldn’t cost much surely, although the plastic cap for a side light is £30!! Safe to say I’m still missing one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 21:31   #25
Paulki

Paulki has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosskie View Post
which sidelight bulbs did you get?
I got these, they work well and don't cause an error but don't buy just 2 as most of these 'error free' bulbs with all the resistors tend to be a bit unreliable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-501-W...0wrDGpjXQodPXg

These are the Nighteye H7's I got, I chose them because the LED chips match the filament size and position of the halogen bulb almost exactly so they give a good beam pattern with very little scatter and they also fit inside the covers, but I do have to put up with the bulb error light.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIGHTEYE-...QAAOSwImRYITMd