Listers - Parts

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum » Leon » Leon Mk2

Leon Mk2 For all topics relating to the Mk2 Leon

Old 25-01-2018, 07:23   #21
heggie

heggie has 10 points
It's the latest 7.1 android unit or so it says lol.

It's got a few hidden menus so yesterday I turned up the gain on the Bluetooth Mic input to flat out. Made zero difference
heggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 07:28   #22
Jimbobcook
and karma is restored...

Jimbobcook has 10 points
With that many issues surely it's either a faulty unit or a rubbish unit...

Do you get stereo sound from left to right if you play a speaker test track or something?

When I got a cheap £110 rcd510 unit from China the sound quality was the same and everything worked as it should but the interface was lacking shall we say lol
Jimbobcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 08:11   #23
heggie

heggie has 10 points
Yeah get stereo sound it's just amplified badly. It's easily half the quality of the standard unit. In fact I may just go back to that for now. Will see what the next couple of days bring I have more time to take a proper look
Old 02-02-2018, 23:46   #24
tafakasam

tafakasam has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by heggie View Post
I know this thread is a few months old but since a few mentioned about upgrading to the RNS510 style unit from ebay, I would think twice. Below are my findings so far the unit cost £310 so I thought it would actually be a reasonable unit, it really does look the part and is very easy to use however these issues are found in less than a week.

The DAB stopped working within 5 mins (they are replacing the black box to see if this fixes it)

It takes about 2 minuets to boot up, useless if you want to have a reversing camera!

The FM tuner is rubbish!

The sound quality is rubbish (half the quality of the standard unit)

CDs dont play like in any normal head unit, the volume difference between radio and cd is massive. On CD if you turn it up to 15 it gets louder but above 15 and to max at 30 it gets quieter.

The Bluetooth microphone is terrible and not usable.

I think thats about it for now but overall not impressed! The seller claims he sells about 200 a month and has never had any issues before so yes I may have a dodgy unit which he will have to replace, however I will just want a full refund. Had this of been one of the £100 ones it would be expected. I will be contacting Preston ICE, if there unit has none of the above problems it will be worth the £450 or I will stretch to something like a pioneer one at about £600
Theres loads of these RNS style units, either windows CE or Android versions. I sold mine as Preston ICE wouldnt be able to upgrade the firmware.

I upgraded to the VW RCN210 which is a basic headunit and primarily i wanted it so i can have use my USB - Had it for 4 months and hasnt caused me any issues so im happy with it.

Alot of owners on the Seat leon groups on facebook are using the RCD330 and seems to be a high interest, i wouldve updated but as i have a 56 (2007) FR170 1P it requires a canbus gateway upgrade to avoid battery drain issues

The Kenwood ones made specifically for VW/SEAT's are meant to be really good
tafakasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 12:30   #25
heggie

heggie has 10 points
Just a little update on the unit I returned or for anyne brought here by a google search looking for RNS510 style units or MSautomotive based in Leeds.

Stay well away from them! Unit was awfal even the guys at preston ice said from the explination I gave it was a dud.

MSautomotive told me to pack it up and return it by opening a returns case in ebay, which I did along with sending a message asking them to confirm returns postage address. Like with everything else failed to respond so after a few days booked the returns and sent them a message saying when it would be with them and when I expect my money back and postage costs.

They then refused to sign for the delivery and decided to shut down the ruturns request on ebay. So now I have no head unit, no money and not very much to stand on by the sounds. I will be taking it up with trading standards in the week but currently about £350 down.

So to anyone thinking about buying one or stumble across this thread from a google search. Stay well away for this company.