Badger5

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk2

Leon Mk2 For all topics relating to the Mk2 Leon

Old 09-02-2018, 18:13   #1
scotty1310

scotty1310 has 10 points
Rear ABS broke, what to do?

Evening

Right I changed the rear pads today and stupidly enough I somehow managed to pull the wires for the rear passenger abs sensor out of the plug. Now I tried to push them back in but it didn't work and threw up dash lights. What are my options?
I'm thinking of getting a new plug with the wires attached and cutting and joining them to my existing abs cable. Surely this would work? Also for the time being, can I just join the two wires together without a plug to get rid of the lights on the dash. Also ideally I want abs in this weather lol

Last edited by scotty1310; 09-02-2018 at 18:14.
scotty1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 23:29   #2
DavieTDI
Brain dead

DavieTDI has 10 points
Rear ABS broke, what to do?

You can get a plug with cables and just join. Make sure itís water proof. And no you cant just join the two cables to stop the light. Thatís not how abs works. Itís a speed sensor. You would be better off joining them to an ice cream

Last edited by DavieTDI; 09-02-2018 at 23:29.
DavieTDI is offline   Reply With Quote