Dealer put wrong fuel in!!!!

leighivn

DSG Sport-FR 170bhp
Nov 19, 2008
Kent
Thanks for your information Viking cheers..

I must admit to being a little confused :think:about the warranty as i never paid a penny towards all the diagnostic work done before by the Seat garage when they eventually found the fuel lines where re assembled incorrectly by the Peugeot dealership.[:@]

Strange how the bill was paid then??

Any how i have just finished writing an email to the BBC Watchdog program, maybe they might like to take up this matter, we'll see.....:D

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I've a feeling that the Seat garage will have had their bill covered by the Peugeot garage who cocked it up in the first place. However, I don't doubt if they thought they could get away with it they would've passed it on to you. Something like this.

"Right Mr leighivn, we've got your car back from the Seat Garage and they've sorted out the problem. Here's the bill for the diagnostic work they carried out."

"Oh right. What was the problem?"

"We put the fuel lines on back to front when we were correcting the mistake where we put the wrong fuel in for you."

"And you think I'm going to pay Seat to put right your mistake?"

"Errr, no. Perhaps not."

:D

scaredpassenger

Oct 3, 2007
Essex
just thought i would throw my two pence in I work for the worlds largest motor manufacturer in powertrain engineering, I deal with diesel fuel pumps day in and day out, putting it in the very simpliest terms, there is a very good chance that the fuel pump, all injectors, all related pipeing and filter all require replacement, as well as all low pressure pipeing and the fuel tank dropped and completly cleaned! the fact they have told you not to worry about it is crazy, no doubt!

take it back and go legal! they have completley miss diagnosed your car and destroyed any and all powertrain related warranties that this vehicle would have, there is a very good chance your vehicle will also have been added to the AA or RAC missfuel database which is a centrally stored database to ensure no powertrain fuel related compoents are replaced under warranty once a vehicle is miss fueled!

tell em to sort it, end of story!

leighivn

DSG Sport-FR 170bhp
Nov 19, 2008
Kent
An Update

Just an update on the story thus far,

I still own my beloved Altea and since the mistake with the fuel i have had some trouble free motoring, the EGR valve part as mentioned before was replaced under warranty and i have with the help of this forum managed to change the rear brake pads.

The only issue i have had has been a recent one (check my postings) but again this forum came up trumps so many thanks is due....Cheers for the help and advice.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members