Loose Drop Links??

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have a lowered Cupra TDI and as you may know due to it being lower I had to change the drop links for shorter ones, this was fine as I sourced them from I think it was a Seat Alhambra (same as a Ford Galaxy) but ever since I have done this the bottom nut has undone itself leaving the drop link free to move as it likes...

I have replaced them three times now but I am getting fed up of replacing them every 6-9 months,

Is there a way of stopping this happening??

Thanks in advance

corndog

Nov 14, 2014
People usually fit mondeo ones i think. Not done it personally but it may be better?

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
Is that because they are stronger? I don't know how the nut is working loose but it has worked its way to the end of the thread each time? the mind boggles!

corndog

Nov 14, 2014
I don't think so, just shorter. You can probably get uprated ones like meyle HD

the ones you have got have locking nuts?

Last edited:

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
No, just the standard nuts that have a blue nylon insert to grip to but it doesn't seem to work, I will have to look into the Mondeo ones then I think, or what are Meyle HD?

Thanks for the info btw!

corndog

Nov 14, 2014
meyle do a HD line which in generasl seems to be more heavy duty. I have their standard ibiza ones but they are not as short as the mondeo ones. They may do meyle HD mondeo ones. Not really that important though.

You sure you are torquing up the nuts enough? You holding the bolt end steady when tightening nut? otherwise the ball joint in the droplink can sometimes just spin instead

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
meyle do a HD line which in generasl seems to be more heavy duty. I have their standard ibiza ones but they are not as short as the mondeo ones. They may do meyle HD mondeo ones. Not really that important though.

You sure you are torquing up the nuts enough? You holding the bolt end steady when tightening nut? otherwise the ball joint in the droplink can sometimes just spin instead

Yeah I gave it a good yank tight not torqued to the proper torque but as hard as I could get it though

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.