Millers Diesel additive

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Hi :)

New kid on the block here!

I'm looking for a bit of feedback regarding Millers additive. :help:

I've got a new MK5 1.9 TDi. I've read previous threads regarding it's use and the high regard it's given.

I'm seriously thinking of using it but I'm curious if I do, will it void my 3 year warranty?

Sorry if it's a daft question, just that wondering if it's Seat 'recommended'?

Cheers

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
I bought some a few days ago, but still waiting for my tank to empty so I can use it on a full fill up.

Never used Millers before, but all the diesel lads swear by it!

Oh and no it wont void any warranty or do any damage what so ever! It's just a fuel additive! Just follow what it says on the bottle and you'll be fine!

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
I've read posts on here suggesting to use it every fill-up, however my little brother (who has an A3 TDI and far more time to surf forums) seems to think this isn't the best idea.... what's the consensus on that?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I saw a post on briskoda of a letter from vag uk to a dealership who were advised to not use diesel addatives in pd engines, i personaly have been using FORTE diesel treatment for years (in my cordoba tdi and my current tdi cupra) and think its great, although i havent ried millers yet.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
I was thinking of using Millers now and again, e.g. 2 consecutive tank fills with it every month or so. As apparently can take 2 tank fulls to take effect, but also heard that the effects of using the additive will still be had for a few hundred miles to a thousand miles after using. (no idea if this is true or not! But only one way to find out!)

Also, what is with these new PD engines? Manufacturers seem to be asking owners to avoid using or doing anything to those engines!!!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
they're phasing out pd engines in favour of common rail but thats not the problem, the problems are being caused by the ever increasing use of diesel particulate filters - which can be very sensative.

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
I'll do away with mine when the exhaust needs changing (for a milltek of course!)

I've put one lot of millers through mine, filled up once without millers since. The next tank will have millers in again then I'm not sure whether to put it in the following tank or not.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
I saw a post on briskoda of a letter from vag uk to a dealership who were advised to not use diesel addatives in pd engines, i personaly have been using FORTE diesel treatment for years (in my cordoba tdi and my current tdi cupra) and think its great, although i havent ried millers yet.

yep this is right, even the owners manual used to state not to use it, but i havent heard a bad thing come about from using it.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
yep this is right, even the owners manual used to state not to use it, but i havent heard a bad thing come about from using it.

I think 99% percent of owners manuals state not to use any fuel additives. If that was the case we wouldnt be able to fill up as all fuels from the pump contain additives.

I think its called 'arse covering exercise' - dealers will do anything to void the warranty so they can make more profits.

All Millers DPS4 does is turn our very good quality fuels into a near perfect fuel, bumping up the cetane value, adding more lubricity to the fuel which is good for pumps and injectos etc. Plus an added detergent to clean up fuel lines/filters and remove deposits stuck on injectors.

I think using a fuel like Shell V-Power and Millers DPS4 is pretty much a waste, but if you use a lower end fuel product like Shell extra or supermarket box standard fuels then Millers DPS4 does its job nicely.

The Millers petrol version of DPS4 will be on the shelves by the end of August, Halfords have already said they want it along side the current DPS4 product.

If anyone has any more specific questions about Millers DPS4 then PM and i'll try my best to answer them.

unclebob

Jul 22, 2009
Just orderd 5 litres from Wilco on Ebay, use supermarket (dont cast me out! - its closest!) fuel most of the time so think its best to give it all i can to help!

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
The Millers petrol version of DPS4 will be on the shelves by the end of August.

I thought they already did. It's called "Injecta Plus" and "Octane Plus". The only problem with those is you put a full bottle in for every tankful (250 mls to 50 litres). DSP4's ratio is 1 ml per Litre of fuel, so a bottle lasts over 10 tankfuls.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I thought they already did. It's called "Injecta Plus" and "Octane Plus". The only problem with those is you put a full bottle in for every tankful (250 mls to 50 litres). DSP4's ratio is 1 ml per Litre of fuel, so a bottle lasts over 10 tankfuls.

no no, the new product will be a petrol version of DPS4.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
ive been using Sport 4 additive for around 10 fill ups now and car seems to run slightly smooter and seems to have a little more poke

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
This information has left me a bit confuzzled :confused:

I get the vibe that Millers is the donkey's doodads and it's advisable to use on 'cheaper' supermarket fuels (which I use.)

It's the worry that using it might render my warranty useless, especially with the thread JimH provided.

The quote from the thread :

"As a direct result of the legal argument quoted here by Jim H -
'I'm sure you as a dealer would not fail to comply with the manufacture instructions and promote these additives'
we will no longer be selling Millers DPS4 from the dealership."

Now, i'm not niave to know thats it's probably to do with ass covering but it speaks volumes when a dealer doesn't want to sell it because of potential legal ramifications??!!

All food for thought :blink:

Thanks for reading my rantings :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.