Not an other oil question?

unclebob

Jul 22, 2009
Sorry to raise yet another question on oil, but just want to check i have understood the which oil to use sticky at the top of this thread...

I have a 2.0 TDI(140) Altea, Engine code is BKD

Am i correct in thinking i want to be using VW 505.01 oil? which is 5w-40 Fully Synthetic?

Also just a random sort of related question, how often do people change their oil? Both my dad and Honest John recommend every 5k...
would put in a url but ive not made enough posts so i refer you to honestjohn<dot>co<DOT>uk and look for FAQ on the top right and look at number 13...

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Sorry to raise yet another question on oil, but just want to check i have understood the which oil to use sticky at the top of this thread...

I have a 2.0 TDI(140) Altea, Engine code is BKD

Am i correct in thinking i want to be using VW 505.01 oil? which is 5w-40 Fully Synthetic?

Also just a random sort of related question, how often do people change their oil? Both my dad and Honest John recommend every 5k...
would put in a url but ive not made enough posts so i refer you to honestjohn<dot>co<DOT>uk and look for FAQ on the top right and look at number 13...

Shall check this tomorrow for you. :)

unclebob

Jul 22, 2009
Shall check this tomorrow for you. :)

I’ll be waiting for your reply!

I’m hoping that it’s correct - I already have a 25 litre drum of the stuff for the other car in the family - id like not to have to have two different types of oils!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I’ll be waiting for your reply!

I’m hoping that it’s correct - I already have a 25 litre drum of the stuff for the other car in the family - id like not to have to have two different types of oils!

Heres the info I have:-

SEAT, Altea 2.0TDI, No Diesel Patriculate Filter, (103kW/140HP), 2004-

1968cc
140HP @ 4000RPM

Engine: BKD (PD)
Capacity: 3.8 Ltrs

VW 505.01 SAE 5w/40.

HTH :)

unclebob

Jul 22, 2009
even better, means i need to put less in :D

Thanks for your assistance!

BTW how often do either you you change your oil?

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
every 10k, if you're doing it yourself be careful when refilling as if you put in 3.8 it gives a very high reading (as it won't empty completely), put about 3.3 in and do a dip, top up as needed, obviously turn over the engine and allow to settle as well

Last edited:

unclebob

Jul 22, 2009
Cars got 85k on the clock (Ive only just got it and put 4k on already!) so i dont know what condition the insides will be in. its been serviced every 10k or so by seat, but ill be servicing myself. Gonna give the oil change a go this weekend, will need to pick up some Wynns engine flush first.

Aiming to get a change in every 5k or so from now on, with a filter change every 10k... not sure how long it will last but might as well start with the aim of going on!

unclebob

Jul 22, 2009
Send me a sample of your used engine oil, i'll tell you whats going on.

Oil change is done, Ive got a sample of the oil out of the filter (i used wynns oil flush so got a sample from the filter before adding the flush)

Waiting on delivery of some glass vials (for my stock of millers), ill put the oil into there and send to to you where?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Oil change is done, Ive got a sample of the oil out of the filter (i used wynns oil flush so got a sample from the filter before adding the flush)

Waiting on delivery of some glass vials (for my stock of millers), ill put the oil into there and send to to you where?

ok cool,

send to

Chris Brook
Millers Oils
Hillside Oil Works
Brighouse
HD6 3DP

We are having a brand spanking new inductive coupled plasma installed within the next two weeks, you will be one of the 1st samples for our new machine :D

unclebob

Jul 22, 2009
ok cool,
We are having a brand spanking new inductive coupled plasma installed within the next two weeks, you will be one of the 1st samples for our new machine :D

No idea what that means but sounds good!

how much do you need for a sample? i've collected approx 10-15ml. will it be enough?

unclebob

Jul 22, 2009
Got nowhere near that! the rest is in a 25l drum mixed with oil from two other cars and wynns oil flush... dont think you want that do you?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise