sfs turbo to pancake pipe hose

strugers1

ok i fitted my sfs turbo to pancake hose a month or two ago and all seemed to be fine!! i was out today and realise that i had a boost leak now i though that this was just a pipe popping off but oh no

to my horror i realised the pipe has actually blown a hole into itsself and peeled the silicone off and its just flapping!!!also the pipe has been rubbing on the driveshaft when i thought it was meant to miss this???
anyway none too inpressed but theres no need for the pipe to just blow a hole surely???

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
ok i fitted my sfs turbo to pancake hose a month or two ago and all seemed to be fine!! i was out today and realise that i had a boost leak now i though that this was just a pipe popping off but oh no

to my horror i realised the pipe has actually blown a hole into itsself and peeled the silicone off and its just flapping!!!also the pipe has been rubbing on the driveshaft when i thought it was meant to miss this???
anyway none too inpressed but theres no need for the pipe to just blow a hole surely???

That doesnt sound good! I'm not 100% keen on my SFS hoses either, I think the production of them was too soon, R&D was rushed hence the problems.

I'm looking into doing something similar to jonjays with mine at the mo, remove as much siliscon as possible and replace with ally pipes. I'm measuring mine and trying to work out if I can buy some forge elbow pipes. I'm not impressed how mine rub/vibrate on my lower engine cover - I'm sure I can make something up better myself with ally pipes and elbow joints. Watch this space.

I emailed Anthony at SFS about a possible manufactoring problem as per jonjay's problems, Anthony replied by telling me there isnt a problem with them but didn't hesistate to offer me some ally pipes at a very good price (shame the price wasn't very good, i've just bought my ally pipes for a fraction of his 'very good price cost'.

I'm just needing the MAP boss pipe now, Forge do a 60mm one for the 1.8T but i'm not 100% if the petrol MAP has the same fitment as the diesel MAP. It looks very very similar on the pictures but just want to make sure 1st.

strugers1

well i was mean to be at work tomorrow at 7.30 but i wont be able to now as i have to sort this crap out!!!
but from the feel of it it has blown to smithereens(ill get it off the car tomorrow morning) but i have just given up with my car i have had nothing but problems with modyfying it

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
well i was mean to be at work tomorrow at 7.30 but i wont be able to now as i have to sort this crap out!!!
but from the feel of it it has blown to smithereens(ill get it off the car tomorrow morning) but i have just given up with my car i have had nothing but problems with modyfying it

Don't give up bud, from what i've read about yours its a nice ride.

Take some pics of the pancake pipe, and send to Anthony @ SFS.

Do you have the OE pancake pipe to put back on while you sort out a resolution with SFS?

strugers1

no lol basically when i got the fmic fitted the company i used bodged the lower ic pipes together so it was like scaffolding it was horrendous!
ill just have to get the train and put up with it until i recieve my new hose i guess...

strugers1

okl here is a picture of my horendous luck AND i found out my pipe was rubbing on my driveshaft so i have had a boost leak too:(
but this pipe blew up even with a hole in it:help:
but anyway sfs were shocked to hear this and there sending a new pipe asap after its been made!!!
Photo0156.jpg

thats the main problem but also the hole where it was rubbing on my driveshaft is the size of half a 1pence piece

strugers1

there nice guys as it happens but its just more terrible luck i am having

Mike FR+

I'm having a stack of problems with my SFS hoses, poor fitting, boost leaks etc and Anthony is on holiday. The hoses have been on about a year and have already had to replace some of them with OE versions until I get sorted. None of the other guys there are willing to do anything until he returns from holiday.

I'm a bit hacked of at the minute

strugers1

i dont know who i spoke to but he said he getting one made asap and it will be sent off then they want y one in return!!
plus i without a car until i get a new one

strugers1

dont get me wrong could just be i have a faulty hose!! but ill keep this post up to date of my new progress with the new one :)

LeeC

As stated before i am having the same problems, i have ordered the ally joiner from standard seat connection to normal turbo pipe joiner. Anthony is on holiday and my order is going nowhere even though ordered two weeks before he went away. Its embarrassing a company can provide such bad service and such bad fitting products for the prices we are paying them. Over £300 quid on these pipes to replace them with the standard setup as it causes less problems.

Stay clear totally.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members