Pipe blowing off !!HELP PLEASE!!

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
Can't post links because I have not made 15 posts but link to image diagram : http:[forwardslashes] i104.photobucket.com/albums/m172/unclebloodyfester/Seat%20Leon%20Mk1%20PD150%20Diagrams/FMICandpipework.jpg

Any chance somebody could tell me the pipename and model number for #16 on the diagram, it's split at the end and need a new pipe. Been reading on the forums and people have been having problems with #17 but that looks fine on mine, just wondering what would be the best pipe in replacement for #16 and maybe #17 aswell.

thanks.

Last edited:

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
That's the main hose with the MAP sensor attached. There are alternatives from a few places mainly using polished stainless steel (I think - well, its shiny metal!). Do a search on Allards or there is a recent thread for "engine bay pics" somewhere where you'll see what I mean.

OEM Part numbers are in the image as item 6.

boostpipespluspartnos.jpg

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
Thanks mate, do you know what prices I will be looking at?

The split is where the clip fits into, it's only like 5mm do you think it's possible that is what's causing the leakage of air?

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
No split is a good thing mate so I'd say yes. In terms of the prices, I have no idea chap - quick call to the dealers needed for that. Is there anyway you can patch it up to prove a point or is it totally stuffed ? I'd also look at going to a breakers yard as it'd be a lot cheaper!

Last edited:

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
I might just try bodge it on for now, I think it might just be the clip, because the end of the clip has snapped so I think it might just be that. We will see lol..

Cheers mate!