quick question

cupra collins

Mar 27, 2007
just a quick question about the n249 by pass iv done and i have just got my revo stage two big boys toys said it was a bad idea but the set up is the same as an early mk4 golf. just wondering what have people done with the plug have you just re routed the vacum hoses any left it pluged in or have you unpluged it or unpluged it and put a risistor across it hope to here from some soon maybe this was not a quick question lol

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
you've answered your own question...you can do it either way as long as you do it right. but the majority just leave it plugged in. but a handful did use a resistor so that they could lose the valve altogether

but if you just leave it unplugged you'll get fault codes, hence the need for a resistor to trick the ecu

TANKDOCTOR

Just left mine plugged in,waiting for some spare time so i can lengthen the cable and reposition out of the way.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
once is all fully plumbed in correctly the black box is no use, so then you can remove the bracket it sits on and just bolt the n249 and n112 valves to the back of the rocker cover. however it gets pretty hot and many people have found theres to snap and hang over the turbo. but its ok if your careful or can bodge a stronger bracket

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah pointless if the cover is on, most of the lads do it to tart it up abit, to me its the only purpose the process really has since i felt no difference when i done it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.