Deej's mk1 LCR 225

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Hi,

About time i posted a RR about my baby.

Shes a 2005 LCR with 36k on the clock, mint throughout and pampered all the time.

Mods so far are:

full turbo back Blue Flame exhaust system

Forge diverter valve

Custom code map

Shes quick enough at the moment but we have plans booked up for a couple weeks time. Im letting AmD work their magic with the following:

SFS 3" TIP

pipercross filter

Airtec large FMIC

Stage 2 map

AP coilovers

They reckon she should be between 280-300bhp and a fook tonne of torque. Can't wait to feel the difference with the power and the handling difference with the suspension. Should look really hench with a little drop.

Pics to come soon :)

Last edited:

DMcG

Oct 5, 2012
Kent
Car looks great lowered and power is awesome! Now get posting so you can upload pics!

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Right as I'm new to this I have to post a bit more to get pics up so an update of today is as follows:

3" sfs tip
Airtec FMIC
AmD stage 2 map
Ap coilovers

The drop is about 30mm which is subtle but nice and still remaining usable.

Il put the duno print up soon but we are now running at 291 bhp and 331 ft/lb of torque

She is brutal in the mid range and pulls like a train. More than happy with the work!

Last edited:

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Right I best start from the beginning then. After selling my previous mk1 LCR to buy a house with the mrs it was only a matter of time before the bug was calling for another.

Me and my mate found this beauty in North Wales (i am from Kent) but it was the only one for sale in the country that was jumping out at me.

One owner from new who was more OCD than my mate Daryl, detailed every year before winter and 7 hours spent a week cleaning her. Garaged all her life and with only 35k on the clock she was definately THE one!!

A bloody long day later and a tonne of rain we were home.

The spec at this stage was:

Forge 007 diverter valve

Blue Flame turbo back exhaust

Custom Code map to suit

Bosh Aero wipers

Fabia rear wiper

A couple of pics of her after a good clean when she was home.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Last edited:

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
cheers guys appreciate the comments. Il be loading more pics up today of the transformation into stage 2 and if it dries up even get a decent clean and some nice pics of her with the mods on.

The performance is something else and more than i expected. The handling is alot better but under hard cornering the splitter touches at the corners so il be looking for polly bushes and anti roll bars to sort that out sometime. Be a little while as i have to pay off the last lot first lol.

I am from Miadstone, live in Ditton. Yourself? Im sure I have seen yours about readie the BBS rims really set it off, shes in lovely nick :)

Last edited:

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
The next thing for her in the transformation was to bung the private plate on, my nick name being DEEJ.

A little s2000 stubbie ariel
Another good clean and polish with my new cleaning toys.

IMG_0084_zpsa91b4a73-1.jpg

IMG_0445-1.jpg

IMG_0447-1.jpg

IMG_0506-1.jpg

Id even eat my dinner from in there lol. Just wanted to get a good shot of the standard engine bay before we start adding.

IMG_0508.jpg

That was it for a few months until my mate Daryl "parted" with his mk 6 Gti and decided to get a mk 2 LCR, the quest for big power was on lol

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Right here we go with the mods.

She was booked into AmD Essex last week for some big power and handling gains.

On top of the mods already on it when i purchased it we were not along way off going stage 2.

Firstly was a 3" TIP

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0546-1.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

AmD have also developed their own Airtec FMIC so that was a must. It had to be subtle so the car remains sleek and not too "show off" but still be seen for those who know what they are looking for.

In chrome with the red logo to fit in nice with the colours of the car but still be seen through the grill.

IMG_0549-1.jpg

matching red silicone hoses for it too....

IMG_0548.jpg

The Custom Code map was left on with the mods to get a comparison before wiping it and putting an AmD stage 2 map and she was then hitting the figures i was hoping for.

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Here is a couple shots of the dyno runs.

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

So you can see with the hardware added and the original Custom Code map she was running at an acceptable and respectable 283.1bhp and 281.8lb/ft @ 4333rpm

I wanted more so the wiped and put on the AmD stage 2 map and the figures went in again, the torque especially with massive gains.

run 1 - 293.8bhp and 328.9 lb/ft @ 3922rpm
run 2 - 291.7bhp and 331.5lb/ft @ 3992rpm

We were happy with these gains so was money well spent. Thanks alot to the guys at AmD Essex.
I would have liked to have tipped the 300bhp mark but hey ho theres room for the future ;)

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Next was the drop. I decided to put her on Ap coilovers with about a 30mm drop. I did not get a great shot due to lighting but here they are.

IMG_0519-1.jpg

You can see the arch gap is much better now and the stance looks great. She does need a good clean though so apologies just wanted to get all the work so far up here.

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

When the weather dries up il get her cleaned up properly and get some nice shots of her up to date with all the mods.

Plans for the furure will be:

poly bushes

anti roll bars

(she touches the splitter under hard cornering at the moment)

rear tints

more red silicone under the bonnet

Thats about it for now though so watch this space and thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.