Deej's mk1 LCR 225

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
She will be visiting AMD again at the end if the month for a full service. While I'm up there I will get them to bung some wheel spacers in too. Probably 10mm front and 15mm rear.

Watch this space...

DMcG

Oct 5, 2012
Kent
It has to be seen to be appreciated the paint is as good as mine with 6k miles. Very well looked after.

You used that wooly mammoth yet?

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm really happy with her. Still very much a work in progress but what car isn't? Lol

Just got one tiny scratch in the bumper to get rid of in the spring when she gets a proper going over again.

The wooly mammoth will be out over the weekend as she does need a clean!

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
She went into AMD today and had a major service. Apart from the exhaust hanger needing re welding she has a clean bill of health. :)
Will be needing to purchase tyres in the next couple of months so need make a decision there what to put on as I'm not overly impressed with the falken boots she currently has.

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
She has new rubber on the front this month. Went for Goodyear eagle f1 as2 and lobbed the bald falkens. Did not rate them anyway. In a couple of months I will get the rears matched up so all the performance and handling mods should be well set up with decent rubber underneath.

SlimLCR

Oct 21, 2011
Lincoln
Eagle F1s are great, I had a set all round fitted in December and I've been very impressed in the wet conditions!

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
It's been a little while and have not done an awful lot, just keeping her looking pretty.

Cam bet and water pump done this week and not long ago I got the other pair of eagle f1s on so I have decent rubber all round..

Last edited:

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Looking tidy and low down in Eastbourne at the Birling Gap. Heaven roads!!!

basaquja.jpg

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Today I have spent about six hours straight doing my winter clean on the outside of the car. Very very happy with the results and have tried a few new things I was a bit apprehensive and excited about too. Here's how it went.....

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
The product selection for just the paintwork alone. This does not include what I used on the wheels, plastic and rubber trim and glass...
8u3a8uga.jpg

First started off with the pre wash using valet pro snow foam mixed about 30-100 with water to help lift the majority of the muck on the car before blasting off with the hose.

4edesy5y.jpg

Then once blasted off...

ta3y4uva.jpg

Next was a complete detox shampoo using G3 detox shampoo. And once dry....
a5yba5av.jpg

Once all of the surface crap was gone it was time to get the crap out of the paint and also the hard to shift surface stuff. Using auto finesse oblitarate got the tough tar off the wheels and lower bodywork before using iron x to bleed all of the toxins bedded into the paint and wheels. Before....
yhe2arag.jpg
7yqyradu.jpg

It's hard to see on the after without zooming in and the black paint makes it hard to see also but there was results. Not as much crap as I thought but then the car is well maintained ;)
After.....
pezasa7a.jpg
bujaqa5u.jpg
4asyjuzu.jpg
8a8ytugu.jpg

Once rubbed in thoroughly after dwell time it was blasted off. Next was for the clay. Bilt hamber auto clay soft folmula using water as lube. Had never used this before so was worried about the paint but excited to see the results. New clay...

y7yhyrap.jpg

Bearing in mind all the prep work so far you would think the paint was clean? Think again.....

ehy7ynym.jpg
aha6ytuh.jpg

Now the paint is stripped back it still looks good from a distance....

na9yvy5y.jpg

And up close too lol

ze6abesu.jpg

That's all of the prep work done so now onto the protect and seal. This was done using auto glym high resin polish...

a7yvebas.jpg
y8eju4eq.jpg

Then sealed with colinite wax. Now she was looking and feeling hot!!

6a9e2a8y.jpg
u4ytazup.jpg
e6e2edy7.jpg
uhugejum.jpg
a6ypa2ub.jpg

Now the finishing touches was to tidy up the plastic trims with auto glym trim gel. Two tone example after and before on the splitter....

eme6etem.jpg

The wheels were sealed with colinite, tyres dressed with auto glym dressing, and glass polished with auto glym glass polish. And there she was done...

tyta4ata.jpg
e5ytaten.jpg
zuju6egu.jpg

That's the outside done till spring. The inside will be tomorrow. Thanks for you time and hope t was a good read or even helpful for some.

Last edited:

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Annual service and a brake fluid change. Really made a difference at the pedal now. So much firmer, and I thought the brakes were **** hot before!

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Plans for the up and coming are:

Rear anti roll bar.
Engine mount Polly bush.
Rear privacy tints.
15mm rear and 10mm front spacers.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.