66 plate Cupra 290 black - another white one ;-)

Jorre

Feb 21, 2017
Hey Nick..the skirts look great. I ordered them on monday from CLC. Really nice guys to communicate with.

I've got a question about what you said:

'we used a small cylinder shaped spacer with a hole in it to bolt through.
this allows you to tilt the skirt a little at an angle and then bond the tape to the OEM sills'

Could you explain this a bit more? where did you use the spacer (at the wheel arches?)
I don't see it.. thx!

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
yeah Richard at CLC is a top bloke. really pleased with the updates and comms. sent him my pics for his gallery.

if you look at my gallery and find this picture:
WP_20170310_12_15_25_Rich

you will see there is a slight bow in the skirt just by the front jacking point.
this is because its fibreglass and I think the OEM ones are plastic and a bit more bendy so stick easier
because of the angle of the skirt you need the small spacer to push the bottom of the skirt up and out so the top part of the skirt bonds to the outer sill below the door line
if you look at the OEM instruction that were uploaded in the side skirt thread then you can see there is a small spacer in there too. about 30-40mm long and a cylindrical shape with hole in middle for the bolt.

here is the side skirt thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=435280&page=5

Oem skirt install instructions for St variant - //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58b7f312...2101503073.pdf

hope that helps. I missed the pic of that as it was already on by the time I got back!

Last edited:

Jorre

Feb 21, 2017
yeah Richard at CLC is a top bloke. really pleased with the updates and comms. sent him my pics for his gallery.

if you look at my gallery and find this picture:
WP_20170310_12_15_25_Rich

you will see there is a slight bow in the skirt just by the front jacking point.
this is because its fibreglass and I think the OEM ones are plastic and a bit more bendy so stick easier
because of the angle of the skirt you need the small spacer to push the bottom of the skirt up and out so the top part of the skirt bonds to the outer sill below the door line
if you look at the OEM instruction that were uploaded in the side skirt thread then you can see there is a small spacer in there too. about 30-40mm long and a cylindrical shape with hole in middle for the bolt.

hope that helps. I missed the pic of that as it was already on by the time I got back!

Hey Nick, sorry for the late response. Thx for the info.

On that photo i see a big gap at the front and a small one at the rear jacking point.
Also on the instructions for the ST, the spacer is used at the rear part of the side skirt (behind the rear jacking point)
So, the spacer is used at the rear so both gaps are gone and the skirt is properly aligned and sticks with the outer sill?
Is that correct?

Thx!

Last edited:

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
no we used the spacer at the front

we then closed the gap with a small screw that was put in through the jacking point to pull it up to the sill. jacking plate cover covers it all up so you can't see

not like OEM as you have clips with the OEM kit.

Jorre

Feb 21, 2017
Ok, thx.
I got an appointment with the body shop on wednesday..i'll see what they say when i show them the side skirts.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
Yeah don't try yourself unless you are very handy and have a back up adult to help hold things in place.

For the sake of an hours labour its worth getting a garage to sort it.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
not much to update. car has been solid and total rocket ship on the road. just seems to get better and better with miles

took it to north wales last week for a hoon and it was a riot in the changing conditions on the Evo triangle and Snowdon roads.

cracking car and I think I will get the facelift car for jan 2019 when the lease is up. when I tell people the monthly cost they are blown away ;-)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.