Help With P0411 Fault

200thhorseman

Apr 11, 2015
Afternoon all,

The story so far....

So I had a check engine light come up on my dash about four weeks ago. When I got home I plugged in my code reader and found it to be a P0411 code. I researched this on the internet and found it to be a fault somewhere with the Secondary Air Injection system. I have now reset the code twice however it just comes back the next day.

I don't know much about this however have done a bit of diagnosing and found the following points -

1) The secondary air pump doesn't appear to run at all when the engine is first started. I have removed the output hose and there is no air coming out, and no noise at all from the pump. What I did notice was the hose between the pump and the combination valve had water in it. Is this normal? Is it just condensation?

2) I have tested the combination valve by pulling a vacuum on the smaller hose going to it and blowing into the larger hose. As far as I can tell all is OK with that (i.e. no air can be blown in when the valve is closed however can with the vacuum on the small hose).

3) There is a vacuum on the small hose running to the solenoid valve, however no vacuum beyond it (i.e. in the hose from the solenoid valve to the combination valve). I checked the connector to the solenoid and oddly there is only 8V between the pins - should this be 12V? Also I measured 6V between the Earth pin and ground on top of the engine - is this normal?

4) All three rubber mounts that are supposed to support the pump have disintegrated so the pump is free to bump about.

I'm not sure what to do next. Could the relay that supplies these bits be faulty?

Regards,

Rob

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise