Seat Leon K1 - Stage 2 - 345bhp 320 ftlb, 3.5in downpipe, full milltek, ARB's, ALK

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
Hi Guys, its been a while...

So I have finally got rid of the nasty stock exhaust as the hanger fell off...

Nice new milltek on there courtesy of VRT in Slough - fantastic bunch of lads and great pricing too... Full service at the same time

Lowered on 40mm H&R springs now as well, I must say the transformation from stock is CRAZY! Money well spent trust me... feels really solid now, hardly any body roll and is much more fun to through around!

Pics to come soon

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
pics!!

Finally got round to uploading some pics!

standard:

IMG_20170614_220613.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lowered on H&R 40mm springs + Milltek backbox:

IMG_20170825_191702.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Have to say the handling is hugely improved, feels a lot more planted through corners. Milltek exhaust was needed as the stock can was rubbish. Full system going on soon...:cartman:

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
Got the car back from VRT, the guys there done a fantastic job.

Full Milltek system fitted
Decat
3.5inch Trackslag downpipe
Stage 2 map

IMG-20171006-WA0037.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20171006-WA0046.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20171006-WA0047.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Goes without saying the car is now much better! Much more power, spins through third. Much better airflow, the car now revs so much better and freely through the rev range, and even off the throttle the car is so smooth down to idle.

My clutch has now started to slip, so a sachs / helix unit is now needed. And the parts list continues to grow....

Leericho

Nov 25, 2017
hows the 3.5" down pipe noise wise? and how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?
ive a 3" miltek sport cat at the moment and thinking of upgrading

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
hows the 3.5" down pipe noise wise? and how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?
ive a 3" miltek sport cat at the moment and thinking of upgrading

Its very good, paid less than it was for a milltek plus got half inch more... i think around £250 fitted.

The trackslag has a silencer built in so the noise is not yobbish at all, just about perfect. Really nice when you give it the beans.... Will try get a video up here soon.

Last edited:

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
did it make any difference power wise at any point in the rev range?

Im not sure what difference JUST the downpipe made, as I had a stage 2 map + full system done at once....

It now spins wheels through third :D i cant believe how much it pulls to be honest.

Last edited:

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
Handling upgrades

So after the stage 2 map, the power gains I was after had been reached...for now :lol: more than enough for the road plus I do around 2500 miles a month....

My next job was improving the chassis and handling, which helps put the power down.

The boys at VRT hooked me up with:

Sachs sintered clutch + DMF

ST anti rolls bars front and back

Anti Lift Kit

New brembo brakes & tarox pads all round + tarox brake fluid

IMG-20171216-WA0032.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20171216-WA0031_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20171216-WA0025_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20171216-WA0019_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20171216-WA0026_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20171216-WA0027_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Chassis mods have transformed the car. No roll at all in corners, no lurching around under load, and the thing just grips and grips.... hugely worth the money! :funk:

Sachs clutch - very on/off, I am still getting used to it.... Although I have done around 1k miles on it now and been in town, its been great. At least it can deal with the power as the standard clutch was slipping like mad.

Col Max Pyat

Dec 31, 2017
looks great :clap:, I wish I had the combination of time/energy/money/expertise/space to do projects like this myself (and yes, I guess if I just had more commitment to it I'd probably manage it with what I've got!)

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
Car looks really good! Handling mods are a must for these!

looks great :clap:, I wish I had the combination of time/energy/money/expertise/space to do projects like this myself (and yes, I guess if I just had more commitment to it I'd probably manage it with what I've got!)

Thanks guys. Modding cars is never cheap in terms of money/time/energy, however the rewards should pay for themselves!

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
Nice clean car , did you get the clutch what is rated to 450 ft lbs? That’s what I have and I find it quite bad around town and stopping at traffic lights, so stiff!

It was a Sachs 4 paddle clutch and flywheel. Was good on the road but driving around town became a headache as it was very ON/OFF....

Ashame that your selling up

I know =( I am doing a lot more miles for work now, a lot of it in central London, meaning stop start traffic. Having a paddle clutch was not helping and I ended up slipping it and stalling a lot. Such a fantastic car but my needs meant I needed a 'standard' motor.... ended up buying a E92 BMW 335d Msport… I miss the K1 BADLY!! It has gone to a good home and I still speak to the lad, hes up north in Lancashire I believe...

Notorius - are these stock gloss black alloys?

Nice car!

Thanks bud, not sure if they are stock but yeah gloss black alloys...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.