Help Removed Trim for Boot after Washer Leak and now I am lost.

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Help.

My LCR had a leak in the boot which was casued by the L shaped hose being loose. In the process of removing the trim for the boot internal light. A 2.5 cm rubber type cap thing fell down onto the spare wheel. I think it came from under the boot catch trim next to the light trim you have to remove to fix the washer leak.

Can anyone explain how to remove the boot catch trim so I can check if there a part missing? And how do you remove the washer trim from the boot catch trim section, it seems to be screwed to something behind the boot catch trim section?

Regards.

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
i'm a little confused as to where you mean mate, the internal light for the boot on the left hand side of the boot, or the plastic trim on the tail gate (which is what i presume you mean by boot catch?)

If its the carpet etc, and the bit that came off was a circular, i belive thats just a clip which holds the carpet on, so not overly important i it is missin, you could just take your spare wheel out and have a look?

If you use the Search facility on here you should find details as to how to take the trim off.

To remove the rear tailgate trim though if that is where you leak is from...

1) unscrew the 2 philips head screws in the handles recessed into the trim.
2) Remove the rear light clusters on the tailgate, 3 x 8mm nuts on each one.
3) if you can reach inside through the holes left by the light clusters and prize the metal trim clips out.
4) if not, then pull the trim.
5) Pull the trim some more.
6) pul harder
7) pull even harder
8) pull some more and finally the clips will release and the trim will come off the tailgate.

This allows you access to there rear wiper motor and a common place for leaks the brass tube going through the center spindle. You'll know if u need to remove the rear wiper trim if the washer jet moves with the wiper arm

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
the rubber thing you have found sounds like the bump-stop for the boot, it should have a kind of thread on it and will screw into a hole to stop metal on metal contact when the boot closes :)

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
...... and I found that once the trim had been off once, 2nd time around was a little easier. Fitting it back on is a pain too as you need to ensure that all the clips are lined up right, but take your time over it and it's actually straight forward.

I'll be having mine apart soon as I want to paint the S badge handle black.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise