VCDS Version 16.8.2 ANYONE HAVING ISSUES

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
As per the title line, I've downloaded this latest version, but I've noticed that a few users on the Skoda forum are having issues and that it crashes and or runs slow, just a heads up as I'll not use that version until I see that these issues have been addressed.

gordonmcmorran

Jun 4, 2016
Hello RUM4MO from a fellow scot, iam also south Scotland, near Lanark where are you.I have just purchased a VCDS cable from Ilexa just last week , they supply the software on a disc but it is 16.8.1 , I am an absolute beginner but don,t seem to have any of the troubles you have mentioned, if there is problems with the update may just stick with this one for now.

looking for some info here, I have an Ibiza 1.2 fr ( Model 6J , 2012 ) with a power steering fault. the vcds which I have just purchased ( so still learning ). is showing 00816 power steering sensor (g250 )
30-00 open or short to plus.

I have done a bit of research and the funny thing is that the model I have should not have the g250 sensor it should have the g85 sensor, I have checked the pump , it has 3 sockets but only 2 of them in use, I have checked the steering rack there is nowhere for the g250 sensor to fit ( blank casting).

I had a guy come round about a month ago with a snap-on diagnostics but his software only went up to 2011, he tried resetting stuff but no luck.

I think because his software was not for my year he may have set the pump sensor to look for the g250 instead of the signal from the g85.

what I am looking for is assistance switching from the g250 and returning to the g85 sensor using VCDS. and remember I am new at this.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hi, yes I'm from outside Penicuik! Yes, best to ignore any requests to update at the moment as the latest update seems to slow at least the HEXCAN version down quite a bit.
It is Ilexa that I bought VAG COM from over 10 years ago, then upgraded to VCDS HEXCAN USB when I needed to. HEXNET will come soon enough!

One thing that maybe you should do if you have not done it already, is, reg yourself with RossTech as a "verified" user, that also allows you to post on the VCDS forum run by and monitored by RossTech staff. I and others have logged having issues with the 16.8.2 version so hopefully they can sort out the annoying crashes at least.

Power steering problem, maybe post the details of your scan of the power steering and request that others having a car of that age supply the same, but do this in a more visible area of this forum, ie the main area for this version of Ibiza would be better.

Also, join the VCDS forum on the Ilexa website - it might be www.onboarddiagnostics.??? they are very good at helping their customers!

Edit:- I could not find the VCDS forum, but I did not log in to my customer account, also Ilexa is still not listing 16.8.2 yet - maybe they are just being a bit slow as it only arrived on Wednesday or Thursday, or maybe they don't like it!
Typically well at least in my case, when I boot up my PC it tells me there is a newer version available, if you ignore that, it reminds you again when you go to use it, but I think that you can proceed and ignore that. BTW one of the complainer in the Skoda forum is a Skoda master tech, so it is not just us DIYers that are having problems. Have you read all the posts on the "power steering problems" thread by dm222 - he lives in Portugal just in case you are curious about him quoting warm/hot weather (I'm just jealous)!

Last edited:

gordonmcmorran

Jun 4, 2016
Thanks for your swift reply , just new at this so have to get myself registered as you say. just looking through a few forums and thought I would see if anyone had previously issues similar to mine. cheers.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah, I see that you have posted in the main area of the Ibiza forum, just a tip, for new posts, aways use the main area, some people do not understand what should be in the FAQs section - as you have found!

Edit:- maybe look in the "battery drain" thread as dm222 talked about the different sensor types a bit.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise