Any Owners Yet?

bazves

Mine has arrived at the dealers today. All the Vibora Negra 'tat' needs to be put on, but hopefully looking to pick up next week end

bazves

Yep, been registered over there a while. Just trying to drum up some love for the Mii on the Seat side of the fence :)

AndyT_UK

Jan 21, 2011
YO30 / YO25
Still haven't seen a Mii, seen loads of UP!'s and a Citigo though....

Its now October and I have so far only seen one Mii - a lovely red one in Belfast and one Citigo near Bridlington, East Yorkshire. Lots of Ups though.
Now I've posted this, I will probably see loads.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Yep, been registered over there a while. Just trying to drum up some love for the Mii on the Seat side of the fence :)

I am sure as more owners pop up, this area will become more populated. When I was a VW on Friday, I wlaked through the car park of SEAT which is next door and there was at least 6 new Mii's waiting to be PDi'd, compared to about 15 Up!'s in the VW dealer's car park!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Picked my Up! up today, nice little motor, quite spirited and nicely weighted steering that feels heavier than a Polo and similar in weighting to my Leon. Brakes are not that sharp but I am sure will improve slightly as they bed in. For the price they are well screwed together maybe slightly better than the Ibiza in places.

The bobby base Up! is nicer than the Mii S IMO and glad I went for the Take Up! over the Mii S. I did not like the exposed steel wheels, white dash trim and lack of rev counter and temp gauge that the Up! has as standard for a little more dosh. Mii SE is the better choice than the S.

Champagnerocker

Dec 9, 2012
I've had a little red SE for about a month.

I haven't seen any other ones out there in the big wide world and I've only seen one Up so far -but then i don't spend that much time on the road.

Champagnerocker

Dec 9, 2012
Why did you choose a Mii over the Citygo or Up!?

Well an Up with the same spec as the vehicle i got would have cost perhaps £1000 more. I just can't bring myself to like the up, I think its trying far too hard to be trendy with its smiley faced grill, shiney dashboard, all glass boot and exclamation mark. Plus i think the Mii looks the nicest of the three.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Yeah I understand the Up! is a lot more than the Mii or Citygo, I just wondered what the thinking was behind it because the motoring press all pretty much said the Citygo was the best to go for due to its kit and prices etc!

I have to say I haven't seen that many of any of the variations on the road though, I thought they'd be more popular than they are.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Anyone got one yet? first thoughts?

Hi all,

As a SEAT newbie I thought I would post some first impressions on our Mii (1.0 Toca 60ps).

This was purchased 6 months ago as a replacement for my wife's much loved (but very rusty) Mk 1 Ford Ka. We were looking at the Up! and Citigo but our Skoda dealer also does SEAT and the Mii was pre-reg with 7 miles at a very decent price.

So far we are very impressed with the comfort, equipment, excellent visibility, sensible mirrors and general usefulness. Our weekly shop fits in no problem and I recently managed to get a 6foot plus tree lopper in there!

General quality seems fine, shame they couldn't run to full door cards though. The trim on the Toca (white dash and turquoise piping) is a bit "girly" but my wife loves it and its her car so fair enough!

Main complaint we both have is poor visibility of the red mileage/clock etc displays in contrast to the very clear white displays on our Leon FR.

Performance wise we find it perfectly adequate for its intended purpose and it keeps up on dual carriageways etc with no problem. I did take it on a 250plus mile round trip to Northumberland while awaiting delivery of the Leon and it coped surprisingly well.

MPG wise its normally mid 40's as my wife only does 3-4 mile trips. On the aforementioned (briskly driven!) trip to Northumberland it returned over 53 so I would reckon 50mpg should be achieveable on mixed useage.

Reliability wise its been fine so far, unliike the Leon which required a new starter motor after 300 miles (see thread under Leon Mk3).

Minor point - we were surprised that SEAT don't offer rubber mats but as the Mii is virtually identical to the Skoda our dealer supplied some Citigo mats. Had the same problem with the Leon (see thread in Leon Mk3 FAQ's) but unfortunately they didn't know if Oktavia mats would fit and I sourced some via Ebay.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Update - 2 years on

The little Mii gets very few posts on here (yeah, I know this is SEAT Cupra.net!) so I thought I'd do a quick update on the wife's at just over 2 years.

Not a lot to add actually - the car is used almost daily but is literally used as a shopping trolley and meet the girls for lunch vehicle, rarely over 5 miles at a time, which in my experience is very hard on a car.

Despite this no problems at all, fires up first time, averages about 50 mpg which is 25% better than her old Ka and goes up to mid-high 50's when I give it a decent run from time to time.

Only issue has been radio reception (common complaint on Up!/Citigo) forums and even this was much improved by a longer aerial as mentioned in separate thread.

So, still happy with it for all the reasons in previous post and would recommend as a city car with decent ability to tackle longer journeys. Now, if only they'd do a Cupra .......................!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.