Blanco92's Ibiza Mk4 1.2 - RIP.

higgi

Aug 3, 2010
Glasgow/Ayrshire
hi was just reading your thread having just got myself 5 door ibiza in the same colour, like you said people either hate it or love it (Love It) was reading about the leaking did you get that sorted? most people say it has to do with the washers and the back ones pipe coming loose just thought I would mention. Anyway car is looking great.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
hi was just reading your thread having just got myself 5 door ibiza in the same colour, like you said people either hate it or love it (Love It) was reading about the leaking did you get that sorted? most people say it has to do with the washers and the back ones pipe coming loose just thought I would mention. Anyway car is looking great.
Thanks mate! I like the colour purely because it's a bit different, there's a lot of red, silver and black out there, but these Glacier Blue ones stand out. :p

I've not fixed the leak yet. It's definitely not the washers though, the water that comes in isn't soapy, it's just minging rain water.

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Hey mate, car is looking good, nice alloys still ;-)

Just wondering if your radio was just plug and play or is there welding of wires etc involved? Looking at a similar one for my car because the radio is fooked. Cheers :)

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Hey mate, car is looking good, nice alloys still ;-)

Just wondering if your radio was just plug and play or is there welding of wires etc involved? Looking at a similar one for my car because the radio is fooked. Cheers :)
Cheers mate. Hopefully a big update this coming weekend, full DIY alloy wheel refurb... in anthracite. :D

Regarding the stereo, it's a straight swap. I needed an ISO adaptor, as the car had the factory SEAT one before. I got one like this from eBay.
how easy was it to fit the Red Cupra vent switches? did you get them of ebay or from scrap.
Cupra vent switches are the easiest mod ever! Just pull the originals and they unclip. Just push the new ones on. You can buy the red Cupra ones from the dealer, cost £2.09 each and you need 4 of them. :D

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Cheers mate. Hopefully a big update this coming weekend, full DIY alloy wheel refurb... in anthracite. :D

Regarding the stereo, it's a straight swap. I needed an ISO adaptor, as the car had the factory SEAT one before. I got one like this from eBay.

Cupra vent switches are the easiest mod ever! Just pull the originals and they unclip. Just push the new ones on. You can buy the red Cupra ones from the dealer, cost £2.09 each and you need 4 of them. :D

Haha nice one looking forward to seeing them, refurbing mine at the min as well (slowly)

Cheers for the link, have saved it for if i decide to buy one. Thanks

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Okay, bought and fitted a few new bits.

LED sidelights:

Before:

P1040149.jpg

After:

P1040150.jpg

Also got myself a genuine Cupra gear gaiter, black leather with red stitching:

P1040151.jpg

And a new red and black leather steering wheel which feels absolutely gorgeous!

P1040152.jpg

More to come, such as colour coding, Cupra spoiler, anthracite wheel refurb, FR grilles, fog lights.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Pics of the Cupra spoiler when it's on please! Think you might just pop me to being the first with pre-facelift rear bumper to have one!

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
And a new red and black leather steering wheel which feels absolutely gorgeous!

P1040152.jpg

More to come, such as colour coding, Cupra spoiler, anthracite wheel refurb, FR grilles, fog lights.

Its my old Stereo :D I thought that looked familiar heh. Nice steering wheel btw

Those new mods sound very tasty, especially the cupra spoiler and the wheel refurb. I can't wait to see. Keep up the good work

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Should tidy it up nicely, + cupra spoilers look boss. Steering wheel is different. Looked a few times and its growing on me ;)
Hehe, when I first fitted the steering wheel I thought "WTF have I done, this looks chav" but over time it has definitely grown on me. For those that don't like the red, they can be bought in all black leather. ;)
Pics of the Cupra spoiler when it's on please! Think you might just pop me to being the first with pre-facelift rear bumper to have one!
Hmm, hopefully they won't look out of place on our bumpers!
Its my old Stereo :D I thought that looked familiar heh. Nice steering wheel btw

Those new mods sound very tasty, especially the cupra spoiler and the wheel refurb. I can't wait to see. Keep up the good work
Pioneer rules, I'm sure you agree. :cartman:

The wheel refurb, painted brake calipers & drums, side strips and door handles will all be done at the same time to stop the car going off the road loads of times. The only bit I'll be doing though is the calipers and drums! :ban:

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Stezo, read your profile messages!

Have done Jake, I left you a profile message back :)

Hehe, when I first fitted the steering wheel I thought "WTF have I done, this looks chav" but over time it has definitely grown on me. For those that don't like the red, they can be bought in all black leather. ;)

Hmm, hopefully they won't look out of place on our bumpers!

Pioneer rules, I'm sure you agree. :cartman:

The wheel refurb, painted brake calipers & drums, side strips and door handles will all be done at the same time to stop the car going off the road loads of times. The only bit I'll be doing though is the calipers and drums! :ban:
Ah thats pretty sweet, I think it looks good with the red stitching and vent switches

Yeah the cupra spoilers look fantastic, i'm sure they won't look too out of place :D

Pioneer kick ass, I love my headunit but my Pioneer Kuro TV is amazing, might be a few years old now but nothing can touch it :D

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
best colour i heard ;)
I heard you're right. :p

Bit of a productive day, colour coded wing mirrors, Cupra spoiler, FR front grilles and fog lights are on. Fog lights aren't wired up just yet, they're just there for show at the moment but I will wire them up shortly.

Also got one twin reflector headlamp bought from RachIbiza, on the lookout for another one.

Pictures very soon!

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Ok guys. :D

Cupra spoiler piccies:

Before...

P1040174.jpg

After....

P1040175.jpg

P1040178.jpg

(excuse the rain drops) [:@]
P1040179.jpg

The difference when looking square on at the back of the car isn't all that much to be honest, but when you look at the car from the side, you can tell the spoiler is quite a lot bigger. It's about twice the size really! :lol:

Standard brake light also fits for those that are worried about that.

More pictures tomorrow (FR grilles, colour coded mirrors)!

Last edited:

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Looks mint! Actually suits the pre-facelift bumper a lot

I'm just waiting for the spraying company to reply to my email then mine will be sprayed!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.