Forge Dump Valve rubbing

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
The pipe which comes out of the top of the forge dump valve, is rubbing on the top of the engine cover. It has actually worn part of the rubber pipe flat. Is this normal and is there anything to worry about?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
try adjusting the vacum feed of top the dump valve.
The forge dump valve 007p has adjustable vacum point that swivels 360 degree

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
When i fitted one i just decided to leave the cover off,
Seems to me it look better as its showing your DV and air filter (if you use an after market one)

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Im confused I didnt think you could adjust anything, it all looks pretty solid.

there are two versions of the fmcl007p (also the fmcl007pa)
as below the pa can be rotated.
FMCL007P.jpg

FMCL007PA.jpg

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I suppose you could be a pikey and put some black insulation tape around the pipe where it rubs. Or try and get one of those round foam spacers that fit over the pipe to space it against another one. Dunno where you'd get one from except a scrapper tho, or 'borrow' the one by the n75.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Tim, mines done the same mate. Hasn't gone through though.
I did change my hose at one point for the dv relocation and then n249 bypass, and have since kept the newer hose anyway.

You actually find that when the car has been driven, the DV is very hot (no suprises there due to its location) - and the hoses get warm too. Mine actually stuck to the inside of the engine cover, as when i removed it i'd hear a noise as it was pulled off, so to speak (no rude comments)

I wouldn't worry unless it wears through - but mine was like it for a good year or so with no problem. The hose walls are suprisingly thick.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise