More Codes!!! Possible Map sensor?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Cars has been running like a bag of spanners recently, just got it back from badger5 only for different faults to appear now.

Basicly last night when on WOT the car boosted to 25psi (k03s), really felt like it was holding back and then backfired dropped to 6psi and juddered a little, i carried on as normal mostly off boost and all was well..

Got home from work today and plugged vag-com in and these two faults appeard,

16621 - Manifold Pressure / Boost Sensor (G31): Signal too Low
P0237 - 35-00 - -
16490 - Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96): Implausible Signal
P0106 - 35-00 - -

I`ve checked the map sensor and the plug that connects to the sensor has lost the bit that allows it to secure and clip to the sensor is it possible to replace the plug, or could this not be my problem and its more than likly the sensor itself?

Anybody shed anylight on the second fault?

Also when i attempt to clear the faults the engine trys to stall on itself but picks up again, but with the map sensor unplugged they clear fine but re appear but the engine doesnt try to cut out :confused:

Cheers.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Cars has been running like a bag of spanners recently, just got it back from badger5 only for different faults to appear now.

Basicly last night when on WOT the car boosted to 25psi (k03s), really felt like it was holding back and then backfired dropped to 6psi and juddered a little, i carried on as normal mostly off boost and all was well..

Got home from work today and plugged vag-com in and these two faults appeard,

16621 - Manifold Pressure / Boost Sensor (G31): Signal too Low
P0237 - 35-00 - -
16490 - Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96): Implausible Signal
P0106 - 35-00 - -

I`ve checked the map sensor and the plug that connects to the sensor has lost the bit that allows it to secure and clip to the sensor is it possible to replace the plug, or could this not be my problem and its more than likly the sensor itself?

Anybody shed anylight on the second fault?

Also when i attempt to clear the faults the engine trys to stall on itself but picks up again, but with the map sensor unplugged they clear fine but re appear but the engine doesnt try to cut out :confused:

Cheers.

Faulty MAP sensor will play havoc with running. It could be either the sensor or the connector.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Thing is it runs fine, its only on WOT when the boost spikes you can really feel it holding back, Bill has driven it and said the same, shame the faults didnt arrise when he had it :(

How would i go about replacing the plug? Do the dealers do them? If so do they come with wire attached so it can be rejoined into the loom?

Also what does signal to low mean? Because when i disconnected the sensor and re-scanned it came up with signal to high which i assume to mean no signal?

Be easy im learning here :D

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you can tape the connector so it stays on the map sensor (racers friend aka tank tape)

it did drive surgey when I did drive it... not a fan of that stage 2 mapping at all to be honest.. stage 1 with tweeks works far better imho on ibiza's

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Just to update.

Manged to get hold of a 2nd hand map sensor for £40 on friday, fitted saturday morning and everythings running how it should again!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members