What has happened to my paint!

CupraSimmo

Did a nice clean and wax job with deep shine autoglym Monday (been using it for a while). However after buffing and buffing have noticed that I have some areas all round the body work that has a light whitish glint to them, if you touch them they feel almost rough/flat! :-o

Anyone any ideas on this? The car is only X reg and I have had it 2 1/2 years in good nick! :doh:

Cheers

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
try using something light like tcut and see if its actually on the surface or underneath, theres plenty of fellas here who will know better than me though.

CupraSimmo

Nah that is what is weird it is all over in places that were fine before?! Anything I can treat it with or use to help?

CupraSimmo

cordobabrendy said:
try using something light like tcut and see if its actually on the surface or underneath, theres plenty of fellas here who will know better than me though.

Can u safely use tcut on a metallic car paint?!

paul26982

i try avoiding usuing t cut as much as i can and use a wax such a maguires, dont rate autoglim tbh

CupraSimmo

cheers guys will give the super resin a go as I have some of that. Next will try tcut in a small area.

I didnt do it in sunlight

CupraSimmo

Well I had run out of the resin so resorted to black turtle wax! Went over it 5 times and managed to see some improvement! So have a big job this weekend!!! Thanks for all the advice...

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Really should try meguires mate...I used to swear by autoglym...But i dont buy it any more. Meguires products are so much better.

Only thing is, they have such a large number of prodcuts..to clean my car, i use Gold class shampoo...dry it with a meguires micro cloth..then use a they'r claybar product...then gold class polish, and then meguires detailer. The car feels like silk afterwards.

Id highly recomend any of they'r products.

CupraSimmo

Good shout any particular site you use that can give me some bargains?!

CupraJay

Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Ebay is usualy the cheapest place mate. My m8 julz works for meguires..il see if she can recomend anywhere now

CupraJay

Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
The clay bar kit is brilliant..takes forever..but works..even when u think your car is clean..it isnt..theres lots of grit..and contaminents in the paint...And you use detailer and a bit of clay..and it makes it smooth as silk. Clean your car..then use it..and you will be shocked how much stuff comes off in the claybar.

It then helps if you polish it afterwards..You should only need to claybar twice a year.

She suggests

www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

www.motorgeek.co.uk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.