Turbo Upgrade 110 - PD150

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Hello Again!

i have an ibiza 110 tdi sport, blown turbo and would love to bolt on a PD 150 turbo! any one ever done this? what parts would i need and how difficult would it be!?!?!

Thanks!!!

Simon

strugers1

ive bi on that but the manifold and egr is from the p d115

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
that kit seemed perfect! but if the mani and EGR is from a PD engine, what do i gotta get to mount it to my engine?!?!?!? code is ASV!

i hate walking LOL!

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
In all honesty mate not got a clue. Just stumbled accross it whilst searching for pd150 turbos and remembered seeing this thread. Thought id do my bit and link you to it.

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
that ebay link was relisted!! i have bought it and im eagerly anticipating delivery!! anybody know if simply bolting the turbo on will allow me to drive the car normaly? i will need to drve it somewhere for a remap and injector upgrade!!!

Thanks as always!!!

Mar 8, 2007
So am I right in thinking a PD150 turbo would bolt straight onto a PD130?

How much (reliable) power is a PD150 Garett turbo good for?

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Yes a PD150 turbo should bolt straight on.
Best bet is look at what remapped cupra diesels are running. My understanding is that a standard PD150 is good for around the 190-200bhp mark whilst still being reliable and driven daily. If your upgrading the turbo on a PD130 it would be much more worthwhile going down the lines of a hybrid.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Not too sure. For a TD2 which is good for 260bhp with the right complimenting modifications, it will set you back just over £1K. If you were to buy a PD150 turbo from SEAT/Volkswagen it would set you back a similair amount however, you can source the turbo's elsewere for around £500-600.

strugers1

but if you were to get a p150 unit would you have to get a map tweaKED from the 130 unit??or will it run the same??

T. Spark

Tom. has been doing abit of research, a :D

Spot on with all the above from what I can see d00d!

However I got the TD2 for abit less ;)

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Tom. has been doing abit of research, a :D

Spot on with all the above from what I can see d00d!

However I got the TD2 for abit less ;)

Not as such mate. I currently have no intention of fitting a bigger turbo, emphasis being on the currently ;). Would be very nice to have a hybrid though.
Just happened to know that for a PD130 unit from seat it will set you back more than a lot of hybrids, so common sense would tell you the PD150 would be in the same boat.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members