Leon TDI Cambelt Change Cost!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
bump a seven year old thread, nice! at least you used the search button.

It depends on what car you have, on the 1.9tdi pd engine its relatively simple - pop off the top cover have a look at the belt and realise that it just looks like a belt and unless theres actually something wrong with it then it'll look just like a belt.

My advice is just stick to the maintenance timetable and get it changed when its due but if your in doubt get it done - hundreds over thousands.

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
Ill add to the thread revival. Had my clark plan service and MOT today (passed with a few advisories but I knew of them all anyway)

Have the cam belt due for next service, not looking forward to it. Suppose its not that bad or I dont have to dig that deep. However dunno how much more of this turbo owl noise I can take...its really making me wan to part with my beloved Leon :(

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
i dont see why peoples faces drop when there cam belt is due? i always stick to the rule that it either £300 now or close the £3000 in 6 months when it snaps.

apprently renault clio sports have the belt changed every 40000 with a £1200 bill at the end, i bet your all glad you went spanish instead of french!

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
i dont see why peoples faces drop when there cam belt is due? i always stick to the rule that it either £300 now or close the £3000 in 6 months when it snaps.

apprently renault clio sports have the belt changed every 40000 with a £1200 bill at the end, i bet your all glad you went spanish instead of french!

I feel much better now MJ :) Cambelt never was an issue, its a must do anyway, its just the turbo noise I get irritates me

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
Im hijacking this thread, i suppose its best for the appropriate thread, but its the infamous owl noise...I wont say any more

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.