fitting boost gauge on tdi

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
There is excellent feeds under steering coloumn, there is some threaded posts there I think a couple are permantent and one is ignition fed, I'm just going to wire them to this.

hanman81

cheers mate wired them to the lights switch as they have a ignition feed and a constant live only thing is sits negitive 10 on the boost guage then when i hit the turbo goes from 0 to 5 psi doesnt seem right have it connected to the vacumme on my dump valve dont know if this is right

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Hurrah finally managed to finish fitting my boost guage, what a mission was ok once i had negotiated the bulk head. Enigma, i will post pics of where I managed to get through

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
cheers , all sorted now though , backlight and everything working , boost seems to jump all over the place though :confused:

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Which guage did you use? In the auto guage kit comes a 'T' piece, one of the sides of it has a brass insert with a much smaller hole in, in fact it's tiny. Cut the end with the insert in off and push it into the pipe before you attach it onto the fitting in the intercooler pipe. It should stop any buzzing too.

si_devil1

Hi,

I've just bought a swoosh boost gauge. It comes with a plastic T Piece. Is this any good?

Also on the back of the gauge their is only 2 wires (red and black)....any ideas?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

TDIEDD

Hi. I am looking to fit a boost gauge on my Ibiza TDI. I have been reading through a few different threads and think I know how to fit it etc. Could somebody point me towards some links for the best set up to get? Much appreciated.

Mutch193

Thanks for this thread it's been the best help as I tried using the t on one of the vac lines and all I got we're negative readings.Btw how accurate is it when boosting

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Thanks for this thread it's been the best help as I tried using the t on one of the vac lines and all I got we're negative readings.Btw how accurate is it when boosting

Do you mean how accurate is your boost gauge? Depends what gauge you've bought. What car have you put it in and where have you plumbed it. My boost gauge is tapped into the intake manifold on both my cars.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.