Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I use the current millers additive with Shell extra and it's the only combination i have tried that returns high economy and improved throttle response.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Filled up to the brim with tesco diesel tonight - added 50ml of power plus as I want to get through it quick to get some of this sport stuff. 60.5mpg on the way home back around the Exe estuary - mixture of 30/40/60, and I was pootling most of the time I must admit. Very chuffed with the performance of the power plus.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Filled up to the brim with tesco diesel tonight - added 50ml of power plus as I want to get through it quick to get some of this sport stuff.
That's about the normal dilution ratio - if you want to get through it quicker I'd double it at least :)

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Ohhh thats promising :D

Defo smoother this morning in the cold weather when engine was cold less tractorish but still got the diesel clatter just not as bad :p

Cruise set to 75 (actual is about 70-71) and on instanteous MPG it was averaging between 58-62MPG depending on road gradient. Not bad going!

Gonna fill up this evening before my pompey - essex run.

whats the recommended ratio?

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hi

i cant find any Miller Deisel Power Sport 4 from any of my local stock lists (in MIlton Keynes)

What is Millers Deseil Power Plus like? any good?

Am using Deisel V Power at the moment, worth me buying some millers?

Cheers

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Well, my journey was going great averaged 60mpg @ ave 45mph and felt more responive. Dropped to 54mpg once I started motorways and then hit a tail back which took me 3.5hrs to get through and the economy suffered :(

Still on the way back from essex to worthing tonight averaging around 65 I got 53mpg which is very good. That was a mix of mways, a roads and b roads. Plus varying levels of right foot from revs right throught to nr the redline to just pootling.

Well worth it imo

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Has anyone tried this stuff on the PD150 engine, thinking about getting some

I'm now 160 miles into my first tank of the stuff.

So far things seem quite good. Engine seems smoother, especially when cold and it seems more responsive.

Not sure about any mpg differences yet as I've been having too much fun:whistle:

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Mine arrived this morning. I filled up 2 days ago and put some diesel power plus in, but i don't think it will hurt to top it up with some power sport as well.
I might find some secret extra strength combination that makes it even quicker ;) lol

Jamie123

Nov 20, 2006
So i take it this doesnt do any damage to the engine both short term and long term. Is it 2 capfulls per tank?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I've just put some in mine and gone for a drive.
one capfull treats 20 litres of fuel. It's designed to clean up the crap and keep things running well, so it shouldn't hurt the engine one bit.
My Leon is now a bit sharper on throttle response, smoother on acceleration and quiter while ticking over. Not bad results from a 3 mile test drive :)

Jamie123

Nov 20, 2006
So would this be effective on my car as it only has 5000 miles on it?

If so im off to get some today,, is there definetly a difference with the engine?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
yes it has made a difference with mine (only 12,500 on the clock) and well worth a go.
Keeps things clean but makes a difference to throttle response. Engine will sound quieter too.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I always add millers with every top up.
I have found (on my car, but others may have different views) that it works best on Shell extra. If your using it for the first time with shell, try resetting the ECU after filling up so it learns again but with decent fuel and additives in it. Gets good results faster that way. ;) (don't forget to check you have radio code and know how to change the clock first!)

Jamie123

Nov 20, 2006
I have purchased some today and i filled up with shell extra. I dont think i want to reset the ecu, will it just change itself? how long will this take?

PS, how do u actually change the clock as mine is 5mins fast lol.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
both my previous sellers of millers have shut, one turning into a tanning salon, interesting call, girl picks up phone Hi, me- do you stock millers oils, girl hmm not sure i'll need to ask, woman comes back whats it for son, me- deisel power sport no4 seen it on the web, woman What r you on about, me is this not a1 motor stores, woman NO! OOOH sorry its for deisel cars wrong no, no probs we changed from a car acc shop to a tanning salon, me keeping the same theme then eh? hung up

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.